Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics ,video, )

Re: Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey

DreadRock said:
Would like it to be if able to , its in Aug right ?

Yep Aug. 9-10-11. Couple threads already on here with link to register. Good time.

New coils are in and grounded good ! The monkey is back up and firing on all cylinders just need to get the timing back to perfect and carbs which will be done tommrow ! There will be no rest for the wicked tommrow I promise you :mad: Will have pics in the morning ... And if I can figure it out video ;D

'Bout time to get a Yamahaha meetup in your neck of the woods boss

You bring the airhead and I'll bring my Triumph shirt. First man to turn his back gets buried outside Cleveland.

Cool then I can turn the Survivor in for a big reward to fund my next build ::)

Plus you get the airhead and the shirt. Smart guy.

Well I got the coils installed and grounded ;D I cleaned off the paint or PC off the frame and coil rack for better grounding . Also ran wire from coil to coil to Neg on the battery to make sure it was getting grounded .

And to the guys I need to ship parts to im running lil behind doing this sorry !

Screw shipping parts! Get the XS running first!

I can say that since I'm not waiting for parts....... :)

Lol. Good thing I'm patient! No hurry, Scott. Get your stuff taken care of first.

I'm not going to rush you on the parts i should have picked up from your place :)

Well got most of your guys stuff packed !

On the XS everything almost seemed fine but I have to say FUCK NEWTRONICS ! I have nothing but problems with it so guess what ... It's running old school points now and the Newtronics is out the door ! And will say way way better just have to smooth out the carbs just a bit more and its MONEY !

DreadRock said:
I have to say FUCK NEWTRONICS ! I have nothing but problems with it
Man, if only someone would have told you that months ago ::)

True but it didn't sink in till 3:30am a few Saturday nights back now I know better !

DreadRock said:
Well I got the coils installed and grounded ;D I cleaned off the paint or PC off the frame and coil rack for better grounding . Also ran wire from coil to coil to Neg on the battery to make sure it was getting grounded .

And to the guys I need to ship parts to im running lil behind doing this sorry !

If it reads "12V OM11-50 403" on one side of those coils and "WAT YONG" on the other, you don't need to ground the posts - they're just M6 bolts molded into the coil bodies.

(Source: I just tore one apart to make sure :D)

You know you learn something new everyday that would make sense ::) I think I was over thinking it and trying to make sure ! See there I go thinking again I real need to stop doing that LOL

Wow. It's looking like I should have gone with the Dyna/do it yourself ignition.... You're the 5th person easy I've heard had problems with the Newtronic ignition....

I know, right? I still run points in my TX & XS's.... every time I "think about" upgrading to EI....... up pops another Newtronics horror story :eek:

Back
Top Bottom