Kz440 Ltd from Munich Germany

migs

Hi Folks,
i wanted to introduce me and my Kawasaki z440. My Name is Michael, i am 44 Years old and live in Munich. I work as a Hairdresser and my hobbies are photography and fiddling around with things that have an engine inside.
in 2013 i felt the need to get back on a Motorbike after nearly 20 Years and so i bought a china-clone from a Suzuki Van-Van. In Europe it is sold under the Name "Skyteam- Raptor" It was a fun lttle Bike but after a while i got quite annoyed with the poor Quality . I needed to change the clutch after only 1500km . The Front-Brake made weird noise and the fork was wobbly and so i decided to get rid of that thing in 2014
A few Month ago my Dad called me and asked if i would like to have is old Kawasaki z440 ltd. I said : " Tahnks but no thanks, this bike is f***ing ugly, its hideous" But then i thought about it for a while and decided to give it a try. I never did a restoration on a "real" motorbike before, only small scooters .
I started reading german Cafe-Racer Newsgroups and learned that a Cafe-Racer was not an Option because of the Frame. So i went for a more classic-look. I drove to me dads house 600km in the north of germany and dissasembled the Bike there, put everything in the Boot/trunk and went back to munich.
I sanded everything down (Fork/Rims) , then polished it. I cut a piece out of the frame and then painted it, i overhauled the engine, Valves etc.. I started on the 1st of May and finished on the 1st of August
I really like the result! I hope you do too!

cheers

Michael

Attachments

• IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 308
  • DSC_4083.jpg
    DSC_4083.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 297
  • DSC_4085.jpg
    DSC_4085.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 285
  • DSC_4087.jpg
    DSC_4087.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 280
  • DSC_4092.jpg
    DSC_4092.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC_4090.jpg
    DSC_4090.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 289
Welcome in mate ,yup was ugly before but you made a great job of her ,great little project hope you get plenty of miles on her quick turn round too and don't ever pass up a freebie no matter how ugly ( so long as its got wheels haha) what else you got planned keep us updated mate

sorry, i forgot to take more pics so i dont have more detailed Pictures. But i made a little movie. nothing new just the few pictures i had, put together to a movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGO2xc8cWo

Nice KZ Michael,
enjoy the ride and Munich is such a nice city....isnt it tine for Oktoberfest??
My wife was a Krankenschwester and had a nice apartment near Rotkreuzplatz and Nymphemburg Castle

thats where i live, its 5 Minutes on the bike to Rotkreutzplatz. Normally i dont like the oktoberfest, its too crowded for me. But this year its not as crowded as usual because the weather was shite last week and a lot of People are afraid of terrorist attacks. So i might decide to give it a try this year...
In the first week of October i need to go to the TÜV to get my motorbike street legal, they will have look at all the changes i made (especially to the frame) . But i think its gonna be ok

How awesome is that
She had a nice place on Jagdstrasse.....it was part of her employment with the Red Cross Nurses of which she was one of the first auslander to get the position she had

Enjoy the bier and Prost

there was a Nurse-School at Rotkreutzplatz until a few years ago. Maybe she was a trainee there?

She worked in one of the Hospitals there, she was a nurse anesthesiologist and also one of the head nurses who managed 3 or 4 operating rooms, several ICU's and I don't remember what else

Back
Top Bottom