Post a pic of your latest purchase

honey....I'm going for a fuel filter...oops

and I came home with this. Haven't got to mess with it yet, but the throttle barely turns...

Attachments

• 20161109_172610.jpg
    20161109_172610.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 195
Drewski said:
We have a customer at our place that has a garage full of bikes and parts he is finally ready to 'get rid of'. Some were complete and some were in pieces. They're all small/medium displacement 2 strokes!! 8)

My guys went over with the truck... just in case.

100 bucks takes it all. :D

No titles for any of these. ::)

The top one is a 250 Yamaha. I haven't checked the year or model number, but I believe its a pre-RD unit. Looks to be complete and reasonably easy to restore to running condition. We'll see. ;)

The second one is a Suzuki single, model unknown. It's needs are unknown but looks pretty complete. :)

The third I think is a Suzuki PW something... It needs a carb and bar risers for sure. :)

The fourth is a Suzuki RM125. The engine is still over at this guys place. He says it's all there though. It doesn't look to beat for an off road machine. :)

They only had room on the truck for what you see. They're going back for the rest soon. Apparently there's the RM125 engine and tons of other bits and pieces of bikes, all useable stuff. 8)

Wow. Heck of a score.

canyoncarver said:
Wow. Heck of a score.

Ya, it's one of those 'I-hope-we-can-get-our-money's-worth-out-of-this-soon' deals. Space is at a premium and this stuff is gonna tie up a lot of it until we can move it. ::) :D

Oh well. In for a penny, in for a pound. ;)

canyoncarver said:
Wow. Heck of a score.

Drewski said:
Ya, it's one of those 'I-hope-we-can-get-our-money's-worth-out-of-this-soon' deals. Space is at a premium and this stuff is gonna tie up a lot of it until we can move it. ::) :D

Oh well. In for a penny, in for a pound. ;)
Holy cow. Yep pretty sure that's a Yamaha ds7, previous to the later reed valve rd. And that Suzuki k50 single is a fairly rare piece, appears to be around 76 by the color scheme. Heck of a haul man, congrats!

time to start a new project now the winter is here (must finish up my upgrades to the race rep too ) just jump the line on this little beauty not exactly cheap or a barn find thoughts anyone ???

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 170
yorkie350 said:
time to start a new project now the winter is here (must finish up my upgrades to the race rep too ) just jump the line on this little beauty not exactly cheap or a barn find thoughts anyone ???

Awesome! The S is pretty rare in these parts, I never see them come up. Look forward to seeing what you do with that one.

Also was gonna make up one of these but the materials etc came in not much cheaper than dropping the hammer on one already built so boom! rotating engine stand wish I had this for the previous two motors

Attachments

• i1106_33-515.RD_1Y_zpspmvd6zpo[1].jpg
    i1106_33-515.RD_1Y_zpspmvd6zpo[1].jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 208
They had the bike running on easy start from both kick start and starter motor so that's a plus. Gonna go thru it all anyways got the manuals coming in the post.
Somebody on the forum bought a American version so looked into it was looking to fab my own did drawings and worked out a cut list etc but came out £30 less than a bought one found it on ebay in UK all in £139 from rebound racing gonna nice to rotate while going thru motor & cleaning /painting etc.

yorkie350 said:
Also was gonna make up one of these but the materials etc came in not much cheaper than dropping the hammer on one already built so boom! rotating engine stand wish I had this for the previous two motors

I have not used mine yet, can't wait.

Got a sweet deal on an original factory manual off CL this morning.

Attachments

• harleymanual.jpg
    harleymanual.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 200
And to follow up on my response to sbaugz's latest purchase, I offer up my latest acquisition - from the unquestionably absolute other end of the spectrum---

1974 R90/6.....

ry%3D400

....frame.

Unquestionably ambitious objective: a light, airy, minimalistic cafe bike, this time with a half fairing, based on a (yet to be stumbled upon) /5 or /6 airhead, but with some more sporting suspension/brakes from "something" a little newer.
Step 1: done. $80 bucks in so far.
Step 2: clean up and protect the frame with some primer
Step 3: lots and lots of reading/browsing/digging.

If anyone here either is or knows someone who is an old BMW hound.....I've got questions that I don't know I have yet!!!!

Back
Top Bottom