Back at it....this time with an 81 Suzuki GN400.

On the new LED turn signals did you use a flasher relay to keep them working properly ? Or something else?

Cool, thanks for the info on the baffle! I got too excited and didnt read the name of the poster, it was someone else (photos on the gn400 yahoo group) that had the firestone front tire. It does look slick but i just wanted to see it on a spoke rim.
thanks dude.

Hey man, I had a quick question. Iv'e seen arguments for both sides, Have you had any handling issues with the front end without having any fork supports? I know a lot of people who go without a front fender go with a fork support.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks!

I haven't had any issues with my setup, but I don't push my bike too hard either. There has been a few times where I have been pushing into a curve or something and I can feel it flex a little, but nothing scary or anything.

Super nice GN250, who knew that they could look so good! :eek:

I also went through the whoel thread, but was wondering if you can/would add a summary post to the first page with a list of the mods that you did and parts that you use. This woudl be mighty useful and could be referenced as what to start with for others about to embark on similar customs.

Thank you again for all the time and effort.

-Whiz

Just picked up a GN400 for my first bike... love the stance that you gave this bike. How many inches did you lower the front total? and what size rear shocks did you use? Also is it necessary to raise the back if I just lower the forks about 4.5 inches?

INDYRACER44 said:
Just picked up a GN400 for my first bike... love the stance that you gave this bike. How many inches did you lower the front total? and what size rear shocks did you use? Also is it necessary to raise the back if I just lower the forks about 4.5 inches?
gy2uvevu.jpg
e6yquzu7.jpg

Big Rich said:
I hope I read that wrong Indy. Lower the forks 4.5"?

Well he lowered the forks internally about 3.5 inches and raised them couple of inches for clip on handlebars... I just was wondering if I kept the stock shock absorbers on the GN400 how much could I raise the forks?? Im 6'0 tall so if I raised the front and back just like he did would the bike be too small? I like the stance for this bike and want to replicate it.

I know it's been forever since anyone has posted on this but I was wondering how you painted your header and muffler. I have the same bike and same muffler but mine is chrome and I like the look of the flat black. Did you use the same paint you used for the wheels and frame?

CBray4 said:
I know it's been forever since anyone has posted on this but I was wondering how you painted your header and muffler. I have the same bike and same muffler but mine is chrome and I like the look of the flat black. Did you use the same paint you used for the wheels and frame?
This should work:

http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/flameproof/

Hey there, would love to get an update on how the bike is holding up; the engine paint, the seat, etc...how is it?

Back
Top Bottom