"Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

Redbird said:
Hmmm... are they actually doing something with it?
Buyer has it running and already painted and ready for it's maiden voyage. To my surprise the day after he took delivery he had spark, cleaned the carbs, and made a makeshift fuel supply and had it running the following day.

o1marc said:
Buyer has it running and already painted and ready for it's maiden voyage. To my surprise the day after he took delivery he had spark, cleaned the carbs, and made a makeshift fuel supply and had it running the following day.
I actually passed right over it in the listing, because I didn't recognize the pic :eek:
Surprising (not really) how far someone else got with it in with such little effort ::)

Redbird said:
I actually passed right over it in the listing, because I didn't recognize the pic :eek:
Surprising (not really) how far someone else got with it in with such little effort ::)

I was kicking myself for not trying myself. If I had spent what little time it took him to get it running might have made me a couple of grand more on the sale. I thought it would need extensive work to get running after sitting for 36 years. I get to ride it once he has it road worthy.

o1marc said:
I was kicking myself for not trying myself.
Yea, it's a shame that whoring pics around the internet won't replace actually turning wrenches ::)

Redbird said:
Yea, it's a shame that whoring pics around the internet won't replace actually turning wrenches ::)
And that's why I sold it. I couldn't afford the resto on both bikes so I sold it so I can turn wrenches on the Triumph that is now in the reassembly phase as we speak. The Triumph holds way more importance than the KawaTon did.

o1marc said:
And that's why I sold it. I couldn't afford the resto on both bikes so I sold it so I can turn wrenches on the Triumph that is now in the reassembly phase as we speak. The Triumph holds way more importance than the KawaTon did.

What's the deal with your Sporty? It up and running now? I followed along a bit on cr.net way back when.

J-Rod10 said:
What's the deal with your Sporty? It up and running now? I followed along a bit on cr.net way back when.
Still working a few bugs out. Business has been at a stand still for the last few months so progress has stalled for the time being.

o1marc said:
...Triumph that is now in the reassembly phase as we speak...
Really?! Wow. I imagine it'll measure up to your usual standard of quality?
Got a build thread on it?

o1marc said:
Still working a few bugs out.
Getting close to the deadline on that "5 year plan" huh?

Redbird said:
Really?! Wow. I imagine it'll measure up to your usual standard of quality?
Got a build thread on it?
Getting close to the deadline on that "5 year plan" huh?

What are you basing "my usual standard of quality" on if you haven't seen my build thread? It's been 40 years, I'm not in a hurry. ;D

o1marc said:
What are you basing "my usual standard of quality" on...
The Harley, of course ;)

And I know it probably seems like four decades, but I don't think you've been working on the Harley that long.
If you're still "working a few bugs out" after all those years, they must be some pretty big bugs :eek:

Redbird said:
The Harley, of course ;)

And I know it probably seems like four decades, but I don't think you've been working on the Harley that long.
If you're still "working a few bugs out" after all those years, they must be some pretty big bugs :eek:
The XR sat unfinished for 37 years while life got in the way. I resurrected it about 5yrs ago now, but just haven't been able to get financially ahead enough to throw money at it. I inherited 4 bikes from my brother and sold off a few of them to fund the Triumph build. I'm still lacking about $750 to finish it, but have spent enough on parts to keep me busy reassembling for a little while.
Here's a build thread on the Tiger;
http://www.triumphrat.net/members-restoration-and-rebuild-projects/648705-my-new-70-tiger-650-a.html

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/5550113916.html

Attachments

• 00Z0Z_hCtnEcD5dm6_600x450.jpg
    00Z0Z_hCtnEcD5dm6_600x450.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 638
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/mcy/5547885654.html

Actually a very clean looking bike. BUT.... get bucked and say 'bye felicia' to the ballsack.

01515_YYnFkGWT4m_600x450.jpg

Back
Top Bottom