1984 Honda vf1000f interceptor

Finally, brakes/ clutch rebuilt and bled. That was quite a job really.
53c2bc49355195abfc046ec7cf47a503.jpg

Well got the tank de-rusted and flushed, plumbed back up and fired it up. Was sell having a fuel starvation issue, and I think it was the fuel pump. In the "box o parts" that came with the bike was a fuel pump out of a magna 1100 as far as I can figure. Got up early and bolted it on, seemed to do the trick. If the weather holds, possible test ride tonight!
7e87edf8b8d54c204aced91f82d07dd1.jpg

Yessss I'm so glad you saved it. One of the best sounding engines, evar

http://www.v4market.com/ Has lots of good shit too. Mostly V65 Magna/Sabre, but some ceptor shit too

hurco550 said:
Well got the tank de-rusted and flushed, plumbed back up and fired it up. Was sell having a fuel starvation issue, and I think it was the fuel pump. In the "box o parts" that came with the bike was a fuel pump out of a magna 1100 as far as I can figure. Got up early and bolted it on, seemed to do the trick. If the weather holds, possible test ride tonight!

Well, some "old fart" stopped by to see him and this bike last night so between the rain and that old guy bending his ear he didn't get out to make a test ride. It's looking and sounding good, though. Yeah, the pictures make it look slightly better than it is up close and in person, but it's an extremely good, solid survivor that, frankly, lucked out. Levi rescued it just in time and is bringing it back to life and a future of being used and maintained. Many others may have acquired it and got it running again, but sooner or later, without the care and attention it's getting now it would soon be sitting and eventually become a candidate for being parted out. Great job!

rusche said:
Yessss I'm so glad you saved it. One of the best sounding engines, evar

http://www.v4market.com/ Has lots of good shit too. Mostly V65 Magna/Sabre, but some ceptor shit too

yeah, I have you to blame on this haha (not that im complaining) but that craigslist gem of the week post you made nudged me to pursue making this purchase ;)

Many moons ago, a friend of mine made the comment...
"I don't need brakes! That's what parked cars are for!!"
Sadly, with the exception of obvious exaggeration, that exactly how he rode :eek:
I wonder what ever happened to him...

brakes worked to well I suppose. froze/seized up the fronts on a test ride the other day and about lost er to the ditch (see signature below, id be a hypocrite if that had happened). anyways, got it back home and started working on the front brakes again only to see a big check in the front tire that I hadn't noticed before, so sadly, the interceptor wont be making it to barber this year. Did get the title from the p.o.'s ex wife, so that's a good thing.

More to come after barber hopefully.

back from barber and hoping to get this sorted. Got a set of stainless brake and clutch cables on their way and hopefully ordering a tire this afternoon.

I would like to ride it some this fall (even though I scraped ice off the windshield this morning) and then dig a little deeper this winter into valve adjustment/ rear shock mod and replacement/ fork seals ect..

Had to go out of town for a wedding this weekend, but came home to some goodies for the vf.

Stainless braided brake/clutch lines.
e59bce26791076c07bf8a459120d4840.jpg

Bridgestone battleaxe bt45 for the front
4353642459111b3b8546deb5c10f06df.jpg

And motorcyclesuperstore had tank bags to cheap to pass up (plus it bumped me over $100 on the order so I got free shipping)
397477505abffc65b1ba982951ca86d9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom