78 cb550k Cafe racer build. GSXR front +++

Love the tank, don't paint the shock springs it looks great as is!

10329124_10154444861260464_719882096045564125_n.jpg

10171647_10154444861370464_2112745615217977778_n.jpg

just a couple of pics. still lots and lots to do..

thanks for the compliments guys :)

did a bit more work on the seat undertray..

10653355_10154529377870464_7844203465696178067_n.jpg

will polish this part at some point to match the seat and the tank :)

Beautiful work man. Anyway I could get a peak of the electrics mounted under the seat? That is, if you have finished mounting everything.

not started on the elctrics yet.. but have also decided the engine will be bored out to 592cc, compression upped a bit, new cam, electronic fuel injection etc.. cant have all the looks, and alsmost stock engine.. so this project has kinda went a bit extreme. as avery other thing ive modified..

Stay tuned for EFI goodness :D

Oh btw, passed my motorcycle drivers test :) now i am actually allowed to drive this when im finished.

the bike is gorgeous ! and looking forward to the efi and whatnot ;)
but if this is your first motorcycle clipons are a huge mistake
you cannot learn proper control of a motorcycle as a beginner with clipons
get a smaller bike like a 200 250 dualsport to cut your teeth on or lose the silly clip-ons for now, they are a hazard to a noob

This is the first bike im building but will also have another bike as a learner bike but nothing radical like this.. btw the clipons are pretty much the only option for this front end, stock gsxr bits, in the stock gsxr position.

ballistic evo 8 cell, and thanks for the kind words about the project, Throttlebodies on order today. will custom make a inlet manifold as soon as the arrive. now i need to fine a decent in-tank pump for a returnless system( this solution will require me to modify the tank, but will be stealth, almost invisible).

Is that a German made Microsquirt EFI controller I see there? Did you look at the possibility of using GSXR600K1 T/Bs? They are usually pretty cheap that the injectors are fairly high flow but only a single pintle/orifice.

And is it possible for you to shorten the headers by 40-50mm to pull the collector and secondary pipe up tighter under the motor? I think it might look sharper that way and the bike looks great already. Nice work.

teazer said:
Is that a German made Microsquirt EFI controller I see there? Did you look at the possibility of using GSXR600K1 T/Bs? They are usually pretty cheap that the injectors are fairly high flow but only a single pintle/orifice.

And is it possible for you to shorten the headers by 40-50mm to pull the collector and secondary pipe up tighter under the motor? I think it might look sharper that way and the bike looks great already. Nice work.

the ecu is a microsquirt unit.. and the exhaust is not properly mounted in the pics. but i will put it as close as possible :)

Back
Top Bottom