Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_2928.JPG
    IMG_2928.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 243
That looks like a famous bottle opener to me

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kanticoy said:
In to watch Irk tear up an already torn up car!

Yay! It’ll be good or bad, but no chance in hell it’ll end up in the middle.

I should’ve taken a pic from the start, as the wiring was an absolute mess. Kept blowing fuses and the lights didn’t work. So, I’ve begun redoing the wiring.

Attachments

• IMG_2929.JPG
    IMG_2929.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 232
I cut the apron off to start forming one to match the profile of the trunk. I’m reluctant to cut the bumper brackets off, thinking I may use them.

Attachments

• IMG_2935.JPG
    IMG_2935.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2934.JPG
    IMG_2934.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 223
Not bad atall

What's your plan for paint? Gonna do it or leave it ratrod style?

No more bumper brackets. That didn’t last long.

Attachments

• IMG_2940.JPG
    IMG_2940.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 234
Gotta love Georgia. Sheriff came by the house this morning and filled out my VIN check paperwork. Got it insured and as soon as I get to the DMV, I'll have this baby tagged and on the road.

Much better without the bumper brackets. Whats that deal to the right of your patch panel?

Are you going to run any kind of rear fenders or keep it open wheeled.

advCo said:
Much better without the bumper brackets. Whats that deal to the right of your patch panel?

Are you going to run any kind of rear fenders or keep it open wheeled.
That's a strap for the carbon can. Weird 70s emission jawn. I'll keep it open wheeled, but I'm always looking at it thinking fenders could be neat.

You can see the bottom of it in this pic:

index.php

irk miller said:
Gotta love Georgia. Sheriff came by the house this morning and filled out my VIN check paperwork. Got it insured and as soon as I get to the DMV, I'll have this baby tagged and on the road.
They used to do that here in KY, but they have gotten away from it pretty much. They make you bring it to them, unless you know someone that will come to you.

irk miller said:
I'll keep it open wheeled, but I'm always looking at it thinking fenders could be neat.

Something else to note that will come into play more later: As in a previous post, the rear fender wells were trimmed out in the front.

This crappy epoxy cardboard job here:

77150-090219163925.jpeg

It was necessary to cut out and a little forward of the fender well to make room for the 31" street slicks. The rear end is 72 Chevelle, and the VW body mounts with its stock locations to the Chevelle mounts. I figure that's the biggest driver in the decision for where to place the rear end(axle). However, this also allowed the engine bay to remain fully in tact, left room to mount the JAZ fuel cell, and it gives the car a smaller wheelbase. All this make it a little more difficult to run fenders, even if i wanted to.

I just used my lunch break to get this thing tagged and registered. All legal. Georgia is great. Sent off for an HP Quadrajet rebuild kit from Cliff's. Hopefully it can get this thing sorted out. Right now it starts pissing fuel, even with the fuel pressure turned all the way down to 3psi.

Back
Top Bottom