other side

Attachments

• pass pegs 3.JPG
    pass pegs 3.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 673
  • pass pegs 4.JPG
    pass pegs 4.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 673
Seems like they're really short and uncomfortable...well you did say you wanted it that way so your wife and kids won't ask for too many rides! hahaha. I guess whatever works.

They are too short, I haven't had time to make them longer yet. I just need to get a longer bolt. It is not super comfortable, really cramped back there!

Time for some upgrades, first I'll start with dual piston calipers front and rear, then 836 the motor with a new set of Mikuni carbs.

Attachments

• Dual Piston Caliper.JPG
    Dual Piston Caliper.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 954
And a new lift to save my back!

On sale at Harbor Freight for $339!!

http://www.harborfreight.com/ (its a coupon for online but they will honor it in the store also)

Attachments

• 77F on lift.JPG
    77F on lift.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 1,090
  • 77F on lift2.JPG
    77F on lift2.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 1,091
I need one of those lifts. Keep on keeping on my man!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Nice lift! How comfortable is your '77 with that seat you made? Any planned long trips anytime soon?

xxthegonzxx said:
Nice lift! How comfortable is your '77 with that seat you made? Any planned long trips anytime soon?

It is pretty comfortable, I have done a lot of full day rides and been fine. It is a firm pad so that helps also, I am actually getting the 78 seat redone because they used a much softer pad and you can feel the seat pan which hurts after a few hours riding.

Here are some before and after shots of the caliper and master cylinder upgrades
- Brembo rear master
- Nissin 5/8 front master
- Honda (refurbished) dual piston front and rear calipers

They turned out sweet, I can't wait to ride it to test them out! I am waiting for a 10x1.0 double banjo switch for the Brembo.

Attachments

• Original caliper 1.JPG
    Original caliper 1.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 975
  • Dual Piston Caliper 2.JPG
    Dual Piston Caliper 2.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,021
  • Dual Piston Rear Caliper.JPG
    Dual Piston Rear Caliper.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 1,005
Floegstad said:
you got the brakes to stop u quite quick there......NICE!

Thank you, I figured I better do the brake upgrade before the 836...

I am installing dual gsxr 750 brakes and usd forks on my 77 gs 400 these days,haveing like a 100 pictures of the build but i am far to stupid on computers,hopeing to get some photobucket assistance soon!
Wonderful bikes u got MR!

I love both of these bikes! The blue one is my favorite, but the brown one is sexy as hell too...nice job on them both!

Finally arrived today, Race Tech emulators to help the front end from diving so hard under heavy breaking.

Attachments

• RaceTechs.JPG
    RaceTechs.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 971
Back
Top Bottom