Ugly Goose - Moto Guzzi 850T cafe

I'm normally in the "for the love of god enough with the mojave tanks" crowd.....but that combo on this bike is just too well suited for any naysaying.

The Benelli tank is a cliche these days, but it looks so damn good!
This is my small block (in progress, not a rat bike):

20151016_140023_zpsrdhcjmnz.jpg

Very nice tank choice. It's so narrow the 2 cylinders look even bigger from above.... like a nice big lady's butt with a g-string 8)

Do you paint it or keep it as is? It has a very nice patina you can't buy for money and all the hipsters will envy your original old bike

As much as I cherish the envy of hipsters, I am going to paint it. I like a well done patina bike, car or especially pick-up truck. But that is really not my style. I like clean and shinny.

here is my last bike I built - the build thread is linked in my signature.

IMG_3095.JPG

My plan is to paint it a vintage looking light blue. I think that will look pretty good with the brown seat and grips. I hope to polish a lot of the bike and clean up and paint the frame a very shinny black.

My wife is trying to talk me into painting the knee indents in the tank an ivory or off white like the coves on a 1960 Vette. I am not sure if that is the way I want to go. Not 100% that it will look as cool as it sounds and paint is not cheap.

VET-03-RK0738-01P.JPG

Nice paint scheme it will be a beauty with this blue color. Personally, I would perfer knee indents darker than the tank but that's a matter of taste of course.

VW Nimbus Gray with flat black indents could be another alternative?

Rusnak_322 said:
As much as I cherish the envy of hipsters, I am going to paint it. I like a well done patina bike, car or especially pick-up truck. But that is really not my style. I like clean and shinny.

here is my last bike I built - the build thread is linked in my signature.

IMG_3095.JPG

What's with the bracket obscuring the speedometer?

I think that it is cool that the tank is so narrow that you can hardly see it from the front.

IMG_0821.jpg

Rusnak_322 said:
My wife is trying to talk me into painting the knee indents in the tank an ivory or off white like the coves on a 1960 Vette. I am not sure if that is the way I want to go. Not 100% that it will look as cool as it sounds and paint is not cheap.

VET-03-RK0738-01P.JPG

23_E48098_FEF6_4601_A0_BB_D640_F4523803.jpg

Had a friend fab up some mounts for the tank and seat -

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

For the back of the tank - he designed this set-up. I had just asked him to weld some pieces to the frame to keep the tank from moving side to side as I plan to hold it down with a rubber strap. He put a platform with two holes and welded round bar to the tank that they fit into. Works great.

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

I used studs with clips to hold the seat on and allow tool-less removal. I thought that I had some pics, but looks like I forgot to take them.

Rusnak_322 said:
Sonreir - do you have a link to the build thread on that Honda?

No build thread, I'm afraid. I can hit up my friend for some more pics, though. He built it. :)

Little Horse Cycles was the builder, if you're interested. Hillsboro, Oregon.

Better late than never... but the stock Goose tank can make an awfully nice cafe......

Attachments

• Moto-Guzzi-T3-Cafe-Racer-red french.jpg
    Moto-Guzzi-T3-Cafe-Racer-red french.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 843
  • Moto-Guzzi-T3-Cafe-Racer-red french rt.jpg
    Moto-Guzzi-T3-Cafe-Racer-red french rt.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 991
Very nice bike Randy, is that yours?
I see they have kept the long upper rails on the frame too, it's difficult to make a good flow with these. I know most cut them off but in my country, an inspection could scrap the frame if they are cut !

Back
Top Bottom