Cb 125T Cafe Racer on a budget

a few pictures i wanted to share...

a friend of me helped me with a big dent in the left front of the tank, got the dent out after about a hour of work.
2014-02-06224301.jpg

pushed the dent out from the inside out, bit by bit
because the dent was pretty big, it's still visible but after all it's an old bike with an old tank...

2014-02-07154040.jpg

the stripping of the entire tank with the wire wheel
2014-02-09150253.jpg

after this i sanded the tank with rising grits of sanding paper and finished with an 800grit wet sand, painted the underside of the tank black and tomorrow off to the painter for the clearcoat.

also i wanted to share my latest bargain, a headlight mesh!
2014-02-08200232.jpg

tank is finished, need to go outside to take some pics in dailight. looks way better in real life then on a picture made with a crappy phone...

2014-02-18204547.jpg

2014-02-18204614.jpg

Hi, first of all, well done! Im working on 2 cb125 (one T model) here in sweden as well... Might be a thread later on. A quick question. The blinker/signal light. Are they 6V as well? Remember where you bouht them? Thanks in advance!

Cb125t said:
Hi, first of all, well done! Im working on 2 cb125 (one T model) here in sweden as well... Might be a thread later on. A quick question. The blinker/signal light. Are they 6V as well? Remember where you bouht them? Thanks in advance!

yes, they are also 6V, i bought them as 12V blinkers, but they are with lightbulbs instead of leds so it was just a case of changing the bulbs for 6V ones. the same story with the taillight...

i bought them at http://www.japparts.nl ,a dutch site. I think you can find better deals locally then this site...

good luck, have fun and i'm looking forward to your future thread(s)

How will your prevent the tank from rusting? Did you clearcoat it? I looked into stripping and clearcoating a steel bicycle frame once, but not even blank powdercoat kept the rust out for more than a couple of weeks.

Tijmen said:
How will your prevent the tank from rusting? Did you clearcoat it? I looked into stripping and clearcoating a steel bicycle frame once, but not even blank powdercoat kept the rust out for more than a couple of weeks.

yes, it's clearcoated by a professional painter (most of them charge almost nothing because they just put it in the paintboot with something else they have to clear) and only time will tell if it keeps the rust away... i surely hope so ;D

pulled off the stickers that covered the fenderdamage and got shit done.

2014-03-01171518.jpg

2014-03-01175834.jpg

2014-03-01191821.jpg

2014-03-02165754.jpg

it's already painted, now drying at the moment. got some small runs in it but if i have to redo it i'll probably break it out of frustration. will post a pic up tomorrow

Steaksauce said:
Looking good, where did you get the headlight grill at?

I got that one at a swap meet over here, the guys asked €10 and i got it for €8 so almost for nothing. they are universal for all headlights because they use the headlight mounting screws instead of some clips mounting it to the chrome edge of the headlight which is pretty specific.

you can buy alike headlight grills on the ebay

FiftyRider said:
Looks great with that clearcoat! ;D
Nice job ;)

Tthanks, i'm also very happy (and surprised) with the result. Downside is i know it will hurt when it gets scratched...

jungalist said:
Tthanks, i'm also very happy (and surprised) with the result. Downside is i know it will hurt when it gets scratched...

I've been following your build for a while now, and it's looking good! Keep us updated, even if it's only ideas!

Classic Commuters said:
I've been following your build for a while now, and it's looking good! Keep us updated, even if it's only ideas!

thanks, that's nice to hear. i've got a few bits done to her lately, will take some pictures and post them up soon

Just a pretty recent image of her to get this threath a bit back to life, thinking about moving the battery to under the seat so it's hidden. not decided on how to do it yet.

2014-03-05163636.jpg

got some cables and hoses covered with those black braided look crap.

and i want to do something to challenge myself without the possibility to fuck it all up. was thinking about finding a stiffer rear swingarm and make it fit the frame.
And fitting a rear fender because now the only thing between my pods and dirt is that battery...

sounds like i need to go shopping at the junkyard

Sooooo, I got this piece of crap from the junkyard, can't argue with the price because it was free!
Don't know what bike it's off because it was only a pair of front forks that were holding it.

This half should find its way onto the bike in the next few days/weeks
2014-04-24170749.jpg

Back
Top Bottom