DTT Ozark Mountains GTG

I look forward to meeting you too! Another little note, Newton County is a "dry" county. No beer unless you know a bootlegger. However, Boone County has gone "wet" in the past few years and beer and wine are plentiful. Harrison is the largest town in the area and has among other things a WalMart Super Center. Ponca has a huge population of Elk, they roam freely and will walk into the middle of the road. They are not afraid of traffic. You do not want to hit one on a motorcycle!!! There are more places to roam and wander in Newton County then you can imagine. It is the largest county in Arkansas and the majority of the land belongs to the Federal Government. Many great places are right on one of the roads for easy access. This is the heart of the Ozark Mountains and the Buffalo River Valley. Jasper AR and the Ozark Café are "destinations" for a lot of activities. It is nothing unusual to see 20,000 people per day pass through this small town. A lot of motorcycle and car groups run Highway 7 especially on holiday weekends. I highly encourage anyone interested to attend this meet. I am currently at our other house in Atlanta, but if I can be of any assistance, just ask!
Regards,
John

Cory, thanks for the Heads Up.
Eddie, thanks for the invite. This year ain't gonna happen, as the wife and I are going to Disneyworld two weeks prior. But I'll mark the calendar for next year for sure.

ADVrider is having the SLAP (Squeal Like A Pig) rally the previous weekend at Byrd's, and there is NO WAY I can get free for two weekends in a row. :(

So, I will have to do some serious soul-searching to see which band of miscreants I am going to get drunk with this Spring. :-\

Hey brother I just recently got my bike back after it was stolen back in 2010, yes police recovered it, I'm very interested in this event, can you send me a phone number I can contact you and speak more about it, I've NEVER done a bike ride or anything before and want to get involved. Thanks. My number is 936 662-3674, by the way I have family all over Arkansas!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

jasonneely said:
Hey brother I just recently got my bike back after it was stolen back in 2010, yes police recovered it, I'm very interested in this event, can you send me a phone number I can contact you and speak more about it, I've NEVER done a bike ride or anything before and want to get involved. Thanks. My number is 936 662-3674, by the way I have family all over Arkansas!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

PM sent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4eyes said:
ADVrider is having the SLAP (Squeal Like A Pig) rally the previous weekend at Byrd's, and there is NO WAY I can get free for two weekends in a row. :(

So, I will have to do some serious soul-searching to see which band of miscreants I am going to get drunk with this Spring. :-\

Mike, You know you can at least just hang out with us one night. It's only 2 hours from your place ;-)
I'm sure there will be a miscreant or two in the group to make you squeal if you wish.

Maritime said:
It's too fa for me but I would love to make it, maybe next year if I plan ahead.
Speaking of miscreants, too bad you won't make it Mike. Hopefully next year for sure!

Alright Gents and Ladies,

We are two months out from the event.

We are currently working on some logistics (food, drinks, cook ware, coolers, utensils, fuel, transportation and rides and rally points)
I will update more details about 30 days prior the event and try to get number of people attending.
Looks like 8-10 people are in so far for sure.

Anyone attending will be provided with an address or rally point and times to meet (phone #'s etc)
There will also be a ride from Hot Springs AR (near where I live) all the way up scenic route 7 up to Uncle Charlie's Place.

Any one interested in heading up to the site on Thursday May 25th from Hot Springs, please let me know.

Also, The house is now open to host a few more people as well. ( I'm guessing 12 can sleep in there, if camping out doors isn't your thing)
Bathroom and shower will be available.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

xulf13 said:
Speaking of miscreants, too bad you won't make it Mike. Hopefully next year for sure!

Thanks Eddie, I committed to a ride in Colorado that my wife is attending as well so it took all the moto budget this year. I am hoping to still squeeze barber in this year though too so we can drink some beer together then maybe.

Colorado is a great place to ride. I can't wait to do that someday as well buddy. Hope to see you in October. Ride safe and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, 3 days with a host who knows all the good roads. we are flying in and staying in a big chalet as a group had to rent so I got a Triumph Tiger 800 to ride. It's 75 lbs lighter than my GL and has 35 more ponies so should move the wife and I along pretty good. Only have to keep up with Harley baggers anyway

clem said:
Hey I'm ready to get up there and cook some food my man. I'll probably ride too ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

Well, You're Co-Host, so you have no choice. ;) But I'll gladly watch and learn.

If people don't sign up for this event ( you'd have to be crazy not to and or deprived of reasoning) I'm going to be out numbered by Cajuns, and we will have to re-name the event to something like "Les Acadiens et un Peruvien den les Ozarks"

I won't be the only one cooking, I believe that Justin's dad is planning on a Jambalaya but don't hold me to that. Hopefully the weather is good for both activities.
Mike too bad you can't make it, it would have been nice to ride together but.... go get you some of that Triumph man!

clem said:
I won't be the only one cooking, I believe that Justin's dad is planning on a Jambalaya but don't hold me to that. Hopefully the weather is good for both activities.
Mike too bad you can't make it, it would have been nice to ride together but.... go get you some of that Triumph man!

Thanks Man, only worry I have is I'll like the damn bike and want one of my own. I can't afford that LOL.

Back
Top Bottom