DO THE TON Mama Tried #8!! Oct 6-8, 2017 in the Dirty South

KDI Cycles (cb550fcafe) said:
If anyone needs camping space at the track, let me know. I bought 4 spots in lot D. I only need 2. DTT people stay free. Not many Ct people going this time.
A very kind offer, Kevin. I'll keep an ear out for anyone needing camp space 8)

18 days!

KDI Cycles (cb550fcafe) said:
If anyone needs camping space at the track, let me know. I bought 4 spots in lot D. I only need 2. DTT people stay free. Not many Ct people going this time.
There is a REMOTE chance my wyfe may not come with me after all, in which case I may take you up on the offer!

cyclefreak said:
Dammit man, gonna miss seeing you for sure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I tried to text you on Friday the 8th to let you know we won't be able to make it this year. :(

Between Mom being in and out of the hospital, the new granddude coming a couple of weeks ago, and us finally getting around to remodeling the bathrooms to be handicapped accessible, the only thing we have less of than spare cash is spare time. :-[

We will miss all y'all, and I intend to be a grumpy bastard all year so the whole family begs me to go next year. ;D

anybody riding down to barbers from here in nc?

i am in lexington nc

let me know please

4eyes said:
I tried to text you on Friday the 8th to let you know we won't be able to make it this year. :(

Between Mom being in and out of the hospital, the new granddude coming a couple of weeks ago, and us finally getting around to remodeling the bathrooms to be handicapped accessible, the only thing we have less of than spare cash is spare time. :-[

We will miss all y'all, and I intend to be a grumpy bastard all year so the whole family begs me to go next year. ;D
Mike, you will be missed by many. Enjoy some little pecan delights that weekend for us!

SONIC. said:
Guess who's coming?
Yep that'd be me.

I dropped the camper passes at the post office this morning. You should have by Saturday or Monday.

I'm going to be a busy fellow!

-Dropping off a giant scale RC biplane in Lufkin, TX.

-Meeting Keith Turk (Hot Rod Magazine land speed record Camaro owner) in the pits to hand over a Honda SL350 basket case.

-Dropping off a Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk with the buyer.

-Delivering my late friend Malcolm's race bike project to one of his former racing buddies, somewhere in the TonUp pits.

-Delivering another late friend Nacho's Rokon Ranger to the buyer sometime during the weekend, he's coming in from Maine.

-Meeting acquaintances from DTT, CR, ZRXOA, TRat, ACCNorton, BritBike.com, and half a dozen facebook groups.

-Of course, riding in Sidecar 2 class!

I still have the possibility of selling an HD/Aermacchi 350 knucklehead engine (or trading it for a DocZ Solo roller starter), and selling a John Player Norton replica bodywork kit with black chrome pipes.

On the return trip, I'll drop off the '79 Triumph Bonneville 750 Special that I refurbished and gave to my oldest son.

Plenty of unloading and loading, definitely a L-O-N-G weekend!

grandpaul said:
I'm going to be a busy fellow!

-Dropping off a giant scale RC biplane in Lufkin, TX.

-Meeting Keith Turk (Hot Rod Magazine land speed record Camaro owner) in the pits to hand over a Honda SL350 basket case.

-Dropping off a Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk with the buyer.

-Delivering my late friend Malcolm's race bike project to one of his former racing buddies, somewhere in the TonUp pits.

-Delivering another late friend Nacho's Rokon Ranger to the buyer sometime during the weekend, he's coming in from Maine.

-Meeting acquaintances from DTT, CR, ZRXOA, TRat, ACCNorton, BritBike.com, and half a dozen facebook groups.

-Of course, riding in Sidecar 2 class!

I still have the possibility of selling an HD/Aermacchi 350 knucklehead engine (or trading it for a DocZ Solo roller starter), and selling a John Player Norton replica bodywork kit with black chrome pipes.

On the return trip, I'll drop off the '79 Triumph Bonneville 750 Special that I refurbished and gave to my oldest son.

Plenty of unloading and loading, definitely a L-O-N-G weekend!

Yep Sounds Like barber!

This year I'll be walking around and drinking beer and chilling. Maybe looking for an SR500 stator haha

Got my vendor packet from Barber.

What a clusterfuck they have created. Show up on Tuesday now, to maybe get in on Wednesday. If they don't get you in on Wednesday, you get to stay another night in the staging lot. Absolutely no moving in to vendor spots after 6 p.m. Thursday. Instead of getting your parking passes and wristbands in the mail, you get a card, that you have to go take to the registration building, along with everyone you have tickets for. On top of that new hassle, vendors are now required to collect 10% in sales tax on every item sold to turn in to Barber before you leave. You can't leave until 2 p.m. Sunday.

Wow, I guess Alabama has put the squeeze on 'em to help pay for your new senator.

grandpaul said:
Wow, I guess Alabama has put the squeeze on 'em to help pay for your new senator.
Was going to bring 10-15 bikes down to unload. Not happening now.

Well if it helps and I've done a lot of trade shows and they have no way of actually knowing your sales. You can turn in tax on one bike and then not report the rest.

SONIC. said:
Well if it helps and I've done a lot of trade shows and they have no way of actually knowing your sales. You can turn in tax on one bike and then not report the rest.

In this case, it'll likely result in you getting the boot on your vendor spot. I've talked to the new guy in charge several times. They're booting people this year that aren't selling, and giving spots to the wait list for next year. Tracking tax is going to be an easy way for them to do that.

Well that blows.
Kind of makes sense though (other than the tax) no one wants vendors who are overpriced or don't have anything worth selling.

SONIC. said:
Well that blows.
Kind of makes sense though (other than the tax) no one wants vendors who are overpriced or don't have anything worth selling.
They are going to end up regulating themselves out of a stellar event.

Back
Top Bottom