The perfect bike - Or, hey Levi look i made a new project thread too ;D

irk miller said:
His XL looks something like this right now...

Svparts.jpg

ha, that level of organization would be an improvement to the plastic bin i've haphazardly tossed everything i've removed at. I think ill remember where it all goes. if not, and it still runs, bonus weight loss achieved.

Minor minor update here: I started painting the motor red, but decided red was stupid for now. So I stripped it back off the couple covers I had finished, and took the rest over to Charlotte to a shady guy I met on the internet's house to use his sandblaster big enough to hold a body. Which gives me an idea for a new wave of personal hygiene...

Anyways, Her'es my handy valve shim removal tool, and a couple blasted covers. I'll show the color I decided on when I post it. No, it's not black, no, it is not pink either.

3067-170218201042.jpeg

3067-170218201242.jpeg

Mr.E said:
took the rest over to Charlotte to a shady guy I met on the internet's house to use his sandblaster big enough to hold a body.

Lucky you didn't end up in his crawlspace.

You can ensure they're baked all they way through, by sticking a toothpick in and it pulls out clean.

trek97 said:
You can ensure they're baked all they way through, by sticking a toothpick in and it pulls out clean.

;D

And all this time I was waiting on the turkey timer!

when are you going to quit baking on your farkle paint and finish this dang thing?

Hurco550 said:
when are you going to quit baking on your farkle paint and finish this dang thing?

Why? Afraid your trashcan parts will crack and fall off while you wait on the red, white, and blue perfection?

Mr.E said:
Why? Afraid your trashcan parts will crack and fall off while you wait on the red, white, and blue perfection?
352f7f23e4c34efcb4dda91d44d611d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BIG NEWS!!!!

I actually made progress. After being stoopid and tricking myself into thinking if I spent the same amount of time masking the bottom end as it would take to just disassemble all the little gears and bearings, I could save a marginal amount of time not reassembling it all and risking getting stuff together wrong. That theory worked great until the masking didn't live thru sand blasting. I knew better. I could sand blast a large ball bearing, saw it open, and find sand inside. That's just how that works. So 2 billion hours of cleaning/replacing and 3 assemblies later, and I'm back to this.

3067-190418075712.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom