• Black/White

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Black/Grey

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
Re: Re: Kiley's Garage

The Giant Robot Co. said:
You can only wear one at a time!
Haha. I do not dare order one for myself and not one for my wife. And then my 11 year old niece says to me " I want an Uncle Kiley shirt too"!

I really dig the shirts, but since i didnt come to Barber/Kiley's i feel like im not worthy of the shirt...

teddpage said:
I really dig the shirts, but since i didnt come to Barber/Kiley's i feel like im not worthy of the shirt...
Order one anyway...and you can "grow into it". 8)

Redbird said:
Robot, got an update?

Barring disaster number 478 for the week, I will be printing shipping labels and slapping them on tomorrow. My screen printing company screwed me (yet again) on my deadline so in a pissy fit of ignorance, I prematurely pulled the trigger on ordering all equipment to do everything in house. As a result I've slept maybe 4 hours since last Monday trying to basically build and set up a brand new print shop from the ground up. Between that and the holidays I just want to crawl under a rock and sleep. All that aside, I will be stuffing shirts in shippers tomorrow.

... I prematurely pulled the trigger on ordering all equipment to do everything in house. ..

Ha! Sounds like something I would do!
If you want something done correct and in a time frame that fits, you gotta do it yourself ;)

Just of curiosity, what stuff did you buy? :D

Mr.B said:
Ha! Sounds like something I would do!
If you want something done correct and in a time frame that fits, you gotta do it yourself ;)

Just of curiosity, what stuff did you buy? :D

This is true and something that I knew would have to happen if I wanted to really keep a close watch on quality. I built pretty much everything I could, light table, exposure unit, platens, washout booth, work tables, storage racks. I did order the press and flash dry unit. When it came to the press I found a nice aluminum welded, one color that will get me up and running for now until I can afford the 4-color/4-station Workhorse press. Other than that just a ton of supplies, ink, film, etc.

I know I was not there for Barber, much to my disappointment, although maybe next year I hope I will be there. I was looking over the thread and first off AWESOME SHIRTS great design followed by excellent execution. I had a thought though since the Kileys garage are so popular what if for the next Barber event which looks to be next October, correct me if I am wrong. What if there were an available option to have some type of a work shirt with the logo on the back or something to that effect?

This is true and something that I knew would have to happen if I wanted to really keep a close watch on quality. I built pretty much everything I could, light table, exposure unit, platens, washout booth, work tables, storage racks. I did order the press and flash dry unit. When it came to the press I found a nice aluminum welded, one color that will get me up and running for now until I can afford the 4-color/4-station Workhorse press. Other than that just a ton of supplies, ink, film, etc.

Interesting, whats the aprox. spending for the basic stuff (not counting supplies)?

I will be printing shipping labels and slapping them on tomorrow.
That's cool. I was just curious. Sorry to hear about the trouble though.

And don't sleep under rocks. Beds are much comfier.
Or atleast find a trailer wheel... they're Yinzer approved ;) :D

danejurrous said:
I know I was not there for Barber, much to my disappointment, although maybe next year I hope I will be there. I was looking over the thread and first off AWESOME SHIRTS great design followed by excellent execution. I had a thought though since the Kileys garage are so popular what if for the next Barber event which looks to be next October, correct me if I am wrong. What if there were an available option to have some type of a work shirt with the logo on the back or something to that effect?

Stuff like this swirls through my head 24/7. I want to do stuff like this, its just gonna take some time since this entire operation is just me. It does not help that I am now using 100% american made products which unfortunately rules out Dickies. I had worked out a deal with using their stuff but then shut it down once i found out it was all made..cough...in the bad place. I figure it out though!

Redbird said:
That's cool. I was just curious. Sorry to hear about the trouble though.

And don't sleep under rocks. Beds are much comfier.
Or atleast find a trailer wheel... they're Yinzer approved ;) :D

Mr. Yinzer sleeps in configurations that only an old stray dog could appreciate. i have no idea how the man sleeps the way he does but then again if I just drank that much moonshine, maybe I would "understand". The trouble is worth it if it gets the job done. The entire last 4 days off work has been a complete pain in the ass but at the same time really driving and fun. I was happy to figure it out and you guys should be getting the shirts soon!

Back
Top Bottom