HAPPY CHRISTMAS FELLOW DTT'ERS

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
Here's Christmas good wishes to all my fellow DTT'ers Worldwide.

Ride safe and enjoy. 8) 8)

Back at ya bud, you be sure n have a happy holiday......seems we're the only two in the UK club at the mo :(

Is it me or is it exceptionally quiet this side of the pond?

One of the (many) Christmas traditions down here is the Bonfires on the Mississippi River Levee.
Wooden structures are built during the weeks leading up to Christmas, and then lit on Christmas Eve Night.
Bonfire%2Btowers%2Bon%2Bthe%2Blevee.jpg

bonfires-on-the-levee-new-orleans.jpg

binfires2.jpg

I couldn't quickly find a decent aerial pic, but the tradition, dating back to the early 1800's, is... the bonfires light the way for Papa Noel as he travels down river delivering toys to the good Cajun Boys and Girls.

Merry Christmas to You and Yours Beach ;)
And Merry Christmas to everyone else on here :D

Wow that's something Red !!!!!

yep, we seem very quiet on this side of the pond ! Must be all those little Cafe Racer elves tinkering away in their sheds .........

Merry Christmas from East Tennessee! What a great gift it would be, if people would live in harmony - or at least tolerance of each other. Just how hard would it be?

In the nearby park at Norris, they sometimes demonstrate the Appalacian tradition of placing black powder between 2 anvils, igniting it, to launch the top anvil over 50 feet in the air.
//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c20db8d2db69/AnvilShoot.mp4

Yes! Seasons Greetings and Merry Christmas to the DTT crew from our temporary home on the Mississippi Gulf Coast!

TJ - Have a great one!

Redbird - Wish I had known about the bonfires before this, we might have tried to make a quick run down there to see it. (Funny, this is our third holiday time down here and didn't know about it.

Rachel and I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the happiest of Holidays.

11494-241218214355.jpeg

ridesolo said:

Redbird - Wish I had known about the bonfires before this, we might have tried to make a quick run down there to see it. (Funny, this is our third holiday time down here and didn't know about it.
It's not advertised much, if at all (I've never seen any).
If y'all are down this way next year, gimme a holler. I'll give ya the nickel tour for free ;)

Redbird said:
It's not advertised much, if at all (I've never seen any).
If y'all are down this way next year, gimme a holler. I'll give ya the nickel tour for free ;)

Thanx for that! The funny thing is that the next day I came across a trivia question about that exact thing. Those around me were amazed that I knew the answer! I didn't let them know that I had just learned it myself.

Back
Top Bottom