Junk Garage CX500

AE@JunkGarage

Been a member of the site for awhile and typically watch from a distance and answer any questions i can. My bike has been in the family for about 10 years, and begun as a bike for my mom! Laugh if you feel the need! She quickly decided it was not for her and I started riding the bike just to keep it running. I ended up getting hit by a young driver turning left through a green light. The insurance company wrote off the bike, but didnt see any sense in coming to get it! We did some work to it to get it back to a running state, thats when we added progressive springs in the fork, mac 2 into 1 exhaust system, tracker bars, and had the tank and panels painted british racing green. I rode it for years in this form, but once a buddy of mine started getting into bikes, i started to get the itch to change it up and had always loved the look of cafes. Parts had also started to become much more available.

Last fall the bike was making some pretty bad noise which i could only attribute to a bad cam chain, and boy was i right! As i had the motor out already, i decided to go all the way with this thing and tore it down to the frame, de-tabbed and removed anything i could! It was a great process to go through the stages of design, the work and the relish of putting it all back together. Can't wait to see what comes next!

Attachments

• rsz_june_24_2013_003.jpg
    rsz_june_24_2013_003.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 244
oops

AGAIN!

I WANT A CX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what are the chances my wife will read this?

hmmmm
oh well gotta sell a 450 first i guess.

Back
Top Bottom