2008 cbr forks on 68 cl450 frame?! quick response please!!

Aidantherookie

found a guy selling his 2008 cbr 600rr forks and swing arm for cheap. I'm hopping on the forks for my 1968 honda cl450 build should i hop on the swing arm and spring as well? need a quick response so i can get back to him! thanks.

A lot of geometry to consider, right XB33?
LOL.
We just went thru this on my GSXR fork swap. Rake and trail to be altered by fork length and nasty difference of fork tube offset in the triple tree.
All can be remedied, but what looks to be an easy swap, could be costly to fine tune.
Buy a new set of trees with proper offset, and your halfway there. Unless you are prepared to alter the rearend to accommodate the corrected fork angle...the tree swap is the easiest, yet not 'cheap'.
With money and skill, anything can be overcome.
Goodluck!

i was speaking more to the swingarm making it handle like a land barge with the extra length
and then fitting the stock wheels to the forks and swingarm is a bit of work as well
wide sportbike wheels are just plain stupid on an old bike that cannot use the rubber
they are a huge performance DOWNGRADE and look idiotic on a classic bike
but how they look is just my opinion
as far as the forks yea it would be so much better to stick with stock size 35's maybe upgrade to later model forks that can accept gold valves
the cb450 is a true classic barely able to go 100mph this seems to be my point

Aidantherookie said:
wasn't thinking about that. the forks should be fine once appropriately modified right? shortened with adaptors.

600rr forks are shorter than CL450 forks - if anything you'll want them longer, not shorter.

Back
Top Bottom