Another cool product from Dime City... The "chuck" start.

64bastagebomr

DCC - Supporting Whiskey Fueled Mayhem Since 2009.
DTT SUPPORTER
Because I was sick and tired of kicking 450's with my chucks and getting that gold awful pain mid-foot when it stops on you.... We decided to pull from the HD world and have partnered with Baxter exclusively to sell a CB450 line of kicker arms that support Baxter (and other) kicker pedals.

Oh, and it looks cool as hell as well. ;)

And as such, the DCC "Chuck" Start was born:

vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-streetfighter-motorcycle-cb350-cb450-kickstart-kicker-pedal-back-standing.jpg

vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-streetfighter-motorcycle-cb350-cb450-kickstart-kicker-pedal-close-arm-back.jpg

vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-streetfighter-motorcycle-cb350-cb450-kickstart-kicker-pedal-close-side.jpg

vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-streetfighter-motorcycle-cb350-cb450-kickstart-kicker-pedal-down-side.jpg

vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-streetfighter-motorcycle-cb350-cb450-kickstart-kicker-pedal-front-close.jpg

vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-streetfighter-motorcycle-cb350-cb450-kickstart-kicker-pedal-installed-front.jpg

vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-streetfighter-motorcycle-cb350-cb450-kickstart-kicker-pedal-installed-side.jpg

vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-streetfighter-motorcycle-cb350-cb450-kickstart-kicker-pedal-mount-lower.jpg

High quality TIG welded construction combined with lush triple wet gloss black powder coat (or chrome) combined with three color choices of red, silver or black and the simple fact that, well, no one else is making these makes them a sweet addition for that custom Honda bob your building.

Drop me a line if your interested for a special DTT introductory price.

*Core kicker pedal is required.

J

...almost forgot - we would consider doing a run for 350's as well if there is interest.

I like the idea - especially after shredding the soles off my boots trying to get my 175 to start for the first time.

eric123 said:
They look great...Any plans for an XS650 version or is this a Honda only deal?

Yeah, we talked about it. XS isn't really our territory (yet) ;D but, there's nothing to say we couldn't whip one up if someone sent us an XS650 kick arm to mess with....

Same goes for other models I guess, now that I think about it. We could mod 'em if people wanted to send 'em in. If we see a lot coming in for a certain model we'll stock them on the shelf for quicker turn around.

The only reason we're doing 450's is because that's the model we've decided upon for all our future creations. Bobbers, Flat Trackers, Board Trackers, etc... We've got tons of stuff in the hopper.

J

I love it! stopped weariing my chucks on the cafe and swapped to the DC's cause of the kicker.... but i really like this idea man!

I might have to send you an XS kicker. I need to modify one to clear my rearsets, and having a proper pedal on it would help a lot - kick only on my XS :)

What's the difference between a Baxter kicker pedal and a regular bicycle pedal? Same thread size?

WOW! would be awesome on my 350! putting in a little BMX into my build with the primo tenderizer would be rad! I have to have a half dozen of them laying around.

Thanks Troy... Just doin' our part. ;)

As for the pedal itself guys there really isn't much difference. The standard boar and width is that of a US BMX style pedal. The difference though lies in the internals. Baxter has an exclusive relationship with Primo in that Primo produces the pedals and Baxters produces the interior shaft which is made from high grade carbon steel with a lavish chrome finish. (They do this for no one else.)

Further, the shaft allows for the kicker to stay close to the pedal/bike not only for function but, aesthetic. In testing phases they found that by using a standard pedal shaft and "welding" it to a pedal arm caused two issues. One, the steel was not near strong enough and ended up bending over time. And, two the pedal sat too far away which not only didn't look correct, it also added to the issue of the steel shaft pending as it increased the leverage on the pivot point.

In short, they've redesigned and produced a shaft that will stand up to the rigors of kicking these nasty old bastards without fail or compromise that slides into the standard kickers you see on HD's. As it pertains to Dime City....Baxter has given us the exclusive on pedals with a modified shaft that suites our CB kicker pedals. Which is what you see above in rough form.

We've picked up a few more pedals and will be doing a chrome 450 as well as some 350/360 pedals soon to have on the shelf. If anyone is interested just PM me.

J

JS550 said:
Fu**in awesome! Wish you made them for the cb750!
jim

Funny you should ask... I just picked up a couple CB750 kick shafts. Would you like chrome or powdercoat sir? :)

PM me...

If you guys are ready PM me. I have more Baxter pedals coming into stock soon and could make some up. I need XS kick-arm cores though. If someone can rally one up for the initial mock I'll discount their pedal..

J

JRK5892 said:
I love it! stopped weariing my chucks on the cafe and swapped to the DC's cause of the kicker.... but i really like this idea man!

pardon my aussie ignorance, but what's a CHUCK (or a DC for that matter) ???

I'm guessing it's a type of shoe/boot?

cheers
ian

Back
Top Bottom