CB 125 Twin Tracker

Re: Need Help to Build Tracker from CB 125 T

jungalist said:
Haha, mine stays like it is for now. i'm going to up some pics this week. I've had a few things done to it last week and i'm happy as she sits now :p

But it's a beautifull bike, no doubt about that!!

Yeah I saw it..love the tank paint in your bike..Ok OK waiting for the pics upload soon...

Guys need some help. I found 12v speedometer & tachometer for my bike..unfortunately its running from 6v current system. my question is does the speedometer needs a voltage to indicate the speed? Is voltage is required only for the back light in speedometer?

also is there any way to convert tachometer from mechanical to electronic? because this tacho only has 2 wires and no port for rmp cable means its running from current. is there any way to plug it to my bike?

Please help guys..

don't think i ever seen a cable to digital conversion kit or something... if i were you i would search myself another tachometer. also, does the bike run and did you do any framework to it yet?

but i have seen tacho's that use spark plug wire signal to count revs. maybe someone around here got some information on that?

jungalist said:
don't think i ever seen a cable to digital conversion kit or something... if i were you i would search myself another tachometer. also, does the bike run and did you do any framework to it yet?

No dude..before all I have to re bore my engine..

aw, that sucks. search the internet for a replacement cylinder/piston kit. they are pretty cheap if you can find one.

good luck anyway!

making the bike run is a priority, making the bike look good can be done later ;)

jungalist said:
aw, that sucks. search the internet for a replacement cylinder/piston kit. they are pretty cheap if you can find one.

good luck anyway!

making the bike run is a priority, making the bike look good can be done later ;)

Yeah spare parts can be find here cheaper more than ebay..planning to buy parts next 10th. its very hard here to spend money for those thing I have to arrange all the things about 200$ that's my monthly income...

Guys finally I re-bore the engine and now bike runs perfectly.

also I found dc/dc converter to change voltage 6v to 12v for lights while keep my ignition system 6v. the problem is if I use this converter is my battery life time will be get short?

here is the converter;
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Efficient-6-32V-turn-0-8-28V-150W-notebook-car-power-buck-battery-regulator/657291794.html

yohan said:
Guys finally I re-bore the engine and now bike runs perfectly.

also I found dc/dc converter to change voltage 6v to 12v for lights while keep my ignition system 6v. the problem is if I use this converter is my battery life time will be get short?

here is the converter;
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Efficient-6-32V-turn-0-8-28V-150W-notebook-car-power-buck-battery-regulator/657291794.html

any buddy can help?

hey jungalist can you give me clear wiring the area that I circle in red with the items?

Attachments

• diagramcb125T001.jpg
    diagramcb125T001.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 265

From left to right:

Stator with the 3 yellow wires

Ignition breaker points (yellow and blue wire)

And your rectifier (with 3 yellow wires from the sator, +and- to battery (red and green) and another wire (black) which is also a +6V which goes directly to al your components and is connected with the +6v of your battery through your key contact).

Bought a new headlight and did some few works with speedometer an indicator lights. However time was 03.00 in the morning when I finished the work...

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 283
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 279
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 278
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 266
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 286
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 288
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 274
Engine totally repaired re-bored, replaced the pistons... now just have the body works to be done...and collecting money for that these days........ :'( :'( :'( :'(

Back
Top Bottom