Bastard Child Hybrid Build

prodgod

A couple of guys on here seemed interested in a build thread for my current build, so I thought I would start one here also. Although this build has been going on for over a year now, there is still plenty to do. Here are some of the starter pictures and current pictures of the build.

Beginning:
FZR-Roller.jpg

XS-Motor-2.jpg

Current:
DSCN0271800x600.jpg

DSCN0236800x584.jpg

DSCN0122800x568.jpg

If you want to see more, the build was all documented here: http://customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38157 I will keep this thread updated along with my build on CustomFighters.

Quick list of parts:
- 1989 Yamaha FZR600 Frame
- 1977 Yamaha XS650 engine
- 2005 Kawasaki 636 forks, triple trees and front calipers
- 1998 Honda CBR600 F3 front wheel and front calipers
- Custom front axle
- 1994 Honda CBR600 F2 swingarm, rear wheel and rear brake setup
- Custom swingarm pivot bolt
- Honda Interceptor VF500F cush drive
- 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n rear shock
- 2001 Buell X1 Lightning subframe
- 2005 Suzuki SV650 taillight
- Custom fiberglass undertail
- 2001 Harley Davidson FXDWG2 Headlight Fairing (will probably not be used though)

There is a lot more custom work that will be going into it when I get there.

Got my new HID bixenon projector in. This thing is fookin tiny.
DSCN0287800x568.jpg

DSCN0290800x589.jpg

Also came with a chrome gatling gun style shroud.
DSCN0277800x575.jpg

So I threw in a 4300k bulb I had and hooked it up to a spare ballast so I could take some pictures of the output, it already has a clear lense and is semi color modded. Looks like I need to tweak the shield a little, the cutoff curves down a little at the edges, and I want a little more color at the cutoff.
DSCN0281800x586.jpg

DSCN0282800x600.jpg

DSCN0284800x598.jpg

The high beam is awesome too.
DSCN0285800x600.jpg
\

Here's a couple pictures to compare the output too. These were taken of my Nissan Murano projector with STi-R clear lense and colormodded. The output from the new mini projector is just as good as the Murano projector. The high beam from the mini projector is better than the Murano projector also.
DSCN01711024x767.jpg

DSCN01731024x766.jpg

DSCN01751024x767.jpg

I just got one of those in the mail, but no wiring diagram. Worked out the angel eye wiring, but the main light doesn't make much sense at them moment. I must take the time to look at it and work it out. I guess that the white and blue are low and main beam and need power but that doesn't make much logical sense given the pile of other wires and ballast etc.

teazer said:
I just got one of those in the mail, but no wiring diagram. Worked out the angel eye wiring, but the main light doesn't make much sense at them moment. I must take the time to look at it and work it out. I guess that the white and blue are low and main beam and need power but that doesn't make much logical sense given the pile of other wires and ballast etc.

Do you have a picture of it? I could probably help you out with getting it all wired up and ready to go. I've done plenty of retrofits and have used quite a few different setups.

Thanks. I had another look at it and it's obvious how it needs to be wired. Don't know where my other brain cell was when I last looked at the light. Bright little suckers, but they do need enough juice from the battery and I was trying it with a small almost flat one.

Where a conventional light will at least glow with a substandard battery, HID stays in bed and refuses to come out and shine its light.

Back
Top Bottom