1980 cb250rs

Nevergrew

Been chipping away at this pile of rubbish for a while now. Plan is a swing arm bobber style eventually but will be a
Cafe/brat/bobber first to get me through rego.

How I got it. Should've gone to the tip
atabety2.jpg

As it stands now.
ygyba2um.jpg

Seat building next
uha7ujuv.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360200395.762780.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360200395.762780.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 420
wow, i never expected to see what you've got going on there coming from that 1st picture! it looks cool man, interested to see where this goes!

A bit happening but not really anything photo worthy apart from a plate holder. Just reassembling it slowly for its maiden mocked up test ride.

Plate holder.
u4ajupan.jpg

Drawing on this thing for inspiration, I love it.
etasadez.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362646587.805646.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362646587.805646.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 362
Where did the rear fender come from? Was that under the fiberglass? Looks very cool.

Tim said:
Where did the rear fender come from? Was that under the fiberglass? Looks very cool.

Yeah it's the strengthening piece under the rear spoiler bit. I've shortened it about 4 inches.

Between that tank and the rear fender you have two great pieces to build around. In the first picture the tank hit me as ugly, but when you strip all of the bodywork away you can see it really has some cool lines, the ribs in the rear fender are a nice little bonus too.

The tank is the only piece I'm not entirely sold on. I can hide the ugliness through paint. Trouble is, in Australia, good looking old tanks are fetching good money - upwards from $150, and most come standard with rust and dings.

Not sure how I missed your build ??? the little rs does lend itself to many styles quite easily, a pair of short shocks and you have a perfect bobber setup ;D Unfortunately I couldn't ride it before the rebuild as you can see from the pic :eek: and now it's setup for my Wife i'll be too tall for it :D anyway i'm looking forward to checking outyour progress, cheers andy.....

index.php

For some reason I like this part. And it all works thankfully. Simple wiring.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364982016.982432.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364982016.982432.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 451
The bikes looking sweet so far man! I almost bought one of those a few years ago and decided it was too ugly :eek: So I guess you're proving me wrong ;) Where abouts in Aus are ya?

Back
Top Bottom