thinking of murdering out my bike.

Hmm maybe when I do the motor satin black and polish the case covers I'll paint some of the fasteners just add more detail to it as if I had a plan on what I was doing lmao.

side4.jpg

One of HerrDeacon's old bikes. Looks like a bloody slick engine to me. CB400.

Flat black has been used in a lot of places that it shouldn't. IMO a rat rod and a low budget muscle car are the only places I think flat black really belongs. Unfortunately though, when I hear "flat black" now, the immediate correlation in my head is a spray-bombed civic with a fart can. And now Cadillac offers flat black on the new CTS for middle aged men that want to try to bond with their teenage punks. :eek:

Murdering out a bike or car (to me) is quickly becoming the Nickelback of vehicle design. Way more popular than it should be, lacks creativity, and makes you look like the kind of guy that really wants a Harley but can't afford one. Take your time and think about what you really want. I feel that if you want to go with a lot of black, gloss is a better finish. Black always looks brilliant on bikes and compliments just about any other color you want to mate with it. But black, gloss or flat, as the one and only color just makes your bike blend in with the millions of other black bikes out there.

A good rule of design regarding paint schemes is to try to stick to 3 colors. Chrome, aluminum, metal doesn't count as one of the three. In the CB 400 above, Herrdeacon did a great job using red/white/black and tied it in nicely with the polished parts. My first bike is mostly black, black wheels, cases, frame, cylinder heads, handlebars, etc. The 2 fenders and tank are dark metallic brown and with a silver stripe. The brown and silver is enough to set it apart and give it its own identity. It's an unusual color choice I know, but I routinely get compliments on how people love the color scheme. If you like a lot of black, paint everything black but the tank. Be creative with your color choice/design on the tank, and since everything else may be black the tank will be the showcase of your bike.

That's good then I'll have 3 colors burnt copper graphite and satin black plus stainless fasteners and what not my sissy bar also has led strips in them for brake lights not the greatest pic but ya get the point I have the tank bare metal right now waiting to get welded so I can flush it then bake the paint on the graphic color that in going to reuse is on the tank in the pic I'm going to leave the valve cover side covers and carb tops that color my plug wires are also red msd 8mm ignition wires I made for it. In the pic they are still yellow

IMG_20130511_190826_886_zps50cba3be.jpg

IMG_20130511_190836_455_zpsd9ae84b6.jpg

So I ordered a set of 4 of these for my bike to replace the front and rear lights should look pretty nice next mirrors.
_3_zpsa9ca04ce.jpg

Here's a teaser of the color the tanks not ready yet not looking forward to painting the tank I forgot how runny this paint so I got a feeling the tank may end up with a few runs just gotta do thin light coats gotta bake the paint tho do to it being engine enamel it says it should be heated to 200 degrees for it to be cured to be chemical resistant so when the tanks done hopefully it fits in my oven and doesn't go boom lmao maybe I'll just heat it will a heat gun or find another way to get it hot. The second pic is of it with a clear coat the pics dont do it justice it looks much better in person when it dries without a clear coat it kinda looks like a matte or satin paint so a clear makes it look good and should protect it I'm using duplicolor wheel paint clear. Also I'm pretty sure that vht is made by duplicolor if anyone is wondering

IMG_20140315_205653_672_zps215d9f5a.jpg

IMG_20140316_110409_830_zps5453138d.jpg

IMG_20140316_114724_096_zps9ae596b6.jpg

Wow after looking at the bike after sitting in my garage all winter it looks like shit lol. It needs some major rehab and noticed the head gasket is seeping so I'm gonna try and tighten the head boots down and see if it stops gonna degrease the motor this summer and paint it black and clean all the rust off and fix some things I half passed when I built the bike on a budget but did add some header wrap to make it look better not bad for the first mod this spring

IMG_20140328_184646_311_zps88436679.jpg

So got a good bit done to the bike very happy with how it turned out not sure if I wanna paint the side covers like I did the valve cover any thoughts?.

IMG_20140331_193235_945_zps9819a36b.jpg

Polish the hell out of those side covers. The bike is looking a lot better.

I still think you need to move that tool roll. Still too much going on up the front compared to the back.

I'm gonna do more work to it tomorrow I got my new turn signals so I'm gonna put them on and move the tool bag to the back of the bike and gonna try and find some black leather to wrap the rear sissy bar in. The stock turn signals have to go look the bonds I got I think will look nice when I get em on

I love murdered out bikes!!!

Just do it "clean" and leave some parts in the raw or just different colors to break up the profile a bit. Blacked out wheels, get rid of all the chrome, it will look great.

I'm hoping that it looks good with the burnt orange tank it should stand out pretty good I wanna kinda slim go the front end and mak it looks like just the headlight and turn signals and just the forks so I will move the bag and see what happens from there. There's a few things I wanna do differently and I still gotta change my front brake hose to use a banjo bolt style instead of the stocker that is stretched luckily I have a perfectly good brake hose off the rm125 I parted out wish I could use the brake master to. The only bit of chrome I'm gonna clean is probably the head light and at the exhaust. I was thinking about blacking the wheels but about that yet tho. I was thinking of flipping the headlight mount to bring it down lower just gotta stand back and look. What's kinda bugging me tho is the side covers on the motor idk if I should just paint them silver like I did the valve cover or polish them. Now polishing them will take more effort but I don't want to have to polish it all the time to keep it nice. I know polished would probably make it look better but paint may last longer idk that's my conundrum right now.

My bike when I got it........yuk!!!

And after a little homocide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Paint is for girls!!!!

Follow your heart and murder that thing out!!!

neondave said:

I am thinkin black out those wheel lips, the headlight ring, the mirrors, the headlight ears, the fork lowers, maybe those little chrome rings on the guages. Leave the motor and pipes in the grey and maybe a raw tank??? I see you were thinkin about polishing some of the motor covers. Personally, on a murdered out bike, I think leave those types of parts in the dull grey look. If you start to add "bling" to a murdered bike, in my opinion, its starts to look a bit "chinsy".

Anyway, its a cool scooter with a lot of potentail. Have fun with it. ;D

Man you got a sick bike there my tank right now is being a bitch lol still needs welding I think I will black out the chrome and maybe I'll try the wheels to see how it looks this bike just has to last til I find a good Yamaha xs650 that I can build a nice bike the cm is a great bike but doesn't have the power id like kinda miss my gsxr600 but it wasn't my style it was hell on my back my cm being hard tailed is more comfortable.

Well the tank is still being a bitch got a patch welded on still has a few leaks gotta weld it more grind it smooth test for leaks then send it for smoothing. Then re prime it and spray some color the damn thing is paper thing in spots so its a bitch to weld.

IMG_20140401_140905_054_zps85ee2984.jpg

OK so I'm at wits end here with my turn signals !!! I got the rears wired and they work fine now the fronts I can't get to flash! Idk whats going on I tried everything there are 2 wires on the new light but when I wired the rears I bolted them down and used only 1 wire and it worked so idk what's going if anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated.

If you have 2 wires on the front & only 1 wire on the back then you have running/turn signals on the front & only turn signals on the back. Look at the bulbs to see if they are single or dual filament. I have dual filaments on my front signals & only wire them up for turn signals. I folded the extra wire back & taped it down. I could have cut it, but I hate doing that incase I get rid of the lights later.

Are the new signals LED? Are they all coming on and NOT flashing? If yes, your new signals may not have enough resistance for the flasher relay to work properly. Google "custom led" and they can help you find what you need.

Back
Top Bottom