Has anyone seen or used these yet? Really cool.

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
http://www.nord-lock.com/default.asp?url=2.16.37

I work in the construction industry, and and spend most of my time keeping our heavy equipment working. One of my parts / tool suppliers just showed me these things. They are awesome. There used by NASA, Harley, and tons of race car builders. There even used by most roller-coaster manufacturers and maintinence crews. He st up a demp for me, and just hand tightening the bolt required a wrench to loosen it.

if anything i think youd either strip the head of the bolt or break one of those "washers" somehow.....either way its very genius i just cant think of anything id use it on, cool either way

Great find.

Do you have any names for suppliers? I could use something like this on the seismic equipment structures I build.

crazypj said:
Is it possible to actually remove bolt without damaging something?

You could turn the nut instead of the bolt....I guess. Might not work if you were bolting into something that you can't turn.

There just lock nuts... Once you relieve the pressure of the bolt a bit, it comes right out. You just dont want to over tighten.

Nothing should break. The bolt will likely turn against the outer faces of the washer before ruining the thread. It looks like it relies on the grip between the bolt and washer as much as it does on the inner face of the lock washers to keep things in place.

Darmstro said:
Nothing should break. The bolt will likely turn against the outer faces of the washer before ruining the thread. It looks like it relies on the grip between the bolt and washer as much as it does on the inner face of the lock washers to keep things in place.
Exactly....

Back
Top Bottom