project gsx400e caferacer dad&son

Cilindro_23

Hi, I introduce myself, my name is Antonio. I live in Cordoba (Spain). I am 25 years old. I build this bike with the help of my father. I bought a motorcycle to transform it into a cafe racer.
This is the bike:
2irt6hd.jpg

292oeo2.jpg

ekmjrk.jpg

Hi. These are some of the pieces that we were buying.

Xs tank

magro0.jpg

showa de aprilia falco 1000 fork, brembo gold series calipers and yamaha virago front hub to mount double disc

1z2px83.jpg

speedometer koso to adapt to the aprilia hairpin.

15qpv9h.png

brembo gold series brake pumps, change the levers for adjustable ones and adapt the rhizome deposits. I will try to convert my clutch to hydraulic

2crnlnk.jpg

These will be the tires to which I will change radios, front hub, sand blast and painted in black satin (in Spain we have many legal barriers and we must approve everything, I must keep the tire measurement) suzuki gn front tire and yamaha rear sr 18 "

5d8pc3.jpg

tires 18x4.00 and 18x4.50

axgt9s.jpg

Congrats man, you've got a great looking bike shaping up very nicely there. Keep the photos coming!

Nice, except the tyres, those things should be illegal. You should have gone with good sticky tires, not bricks. Other than that, should be a nice looking bike, Change the tyres and you could even ride it.

It is very common to mount these tires in this type of preparations. at least, here in Spain. This motorcycle will not be used for
do great curves or big speeds. I'll try these tires. If I decide that they are dangerous, I will change them. the style of the normal tires breaks the aesthetics of the motorcycle a lot.

Cilindro_23 said:
It is very common to mount these tires in this type of preparations. at least, here in Spain. This motorcycle will not be used for
do great curves or big speeds. I'll try these tires. If I decide that they are dangerous, I will change them. the style of the normal tires breaks the aesthetics of the motorcycle a lot.

I've never ridden on those wheels, but sure do like the look of them. The Firestones are a really popular look over here too in North America, but what you gain in terms of looks you lose in terms of performance. Guess it's all about what you plan for the bike and how you plan to ride it - it's your bike man after all!

I have Dunlop K70's on my bike, they keep the retro look and perform really well too.

if you undo the fork caps and let the forks collapse, does anything (wheel, guard) hit anything else (frame, exhaust)?

if you remove the springs from the shocks and let the rear collapse, does the tyre hit the frame?

brad black said:
if you undo the fork caps and let the forks collapse, does anything (wheel, guard) hit anything else (frame, exhaust)?

if you remove the springs from the shocks and let the rear collapse, does the tyre hit the frame?

right now nothing shocks.

Back
Top Bottom