My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (The Build Up Begins!)

johnu said:
Haha yes that would be nice. Won't be anymore pics of the whole bike until she is complete!!!

That is simply not acceptable behavior sir. You have no idea of the impact of that on the mental health of others...
Many of us have every picture you posted copied to our hard drives. We need our picture fix to vicariously enjoy the build.

Now get back to polishing and posting............................................Please.

Haha yes that would be nice. Won't be anymore pics of the whole bike until she is complete!!!

I don't think you fully understand how the lack of visual aids will impact the balance of the universe...... Please share more pictures so that the masses don't go crazy and end the world for us all ;D..... now as Teazer said
...get back to polishing and posting............................................Please.

Ok didn't realise I was going to cause so much trouble :) Still posting pics but only of parts, no complete bike. I have a friend that is a pro photographer who will take pics for me when it's finished. I finished polishing the tank today, I think I am going to leave it all mirror polished for now, no scotchbrite areas (sorry Junior!). I am well pleased with how it came out, originally I was expecting to be using filler and then paint. Guess I did a better job than I thought I could. It is not perfect but I reckon it's on par with 60's and 70's factory race bikes and specials I have seen in museums. Here are a couple of pics of the finished item.

Attachments

• tank p1.JPG
    tank p1.JPG
    402.9 KB · Views: 233
  • tank p2.JPG
    tank p2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 228

WOW, that tank turned out killer. Looking good

John, so good to see the bike coming together so well. I'm happy for you even now before you've ridden it. I know you are aware that you are also causing a slow down on this web sight due to all the traffic lining up to give you the kudos you have earned. I've been trying to get on for days just to say well done, well almost done. The ride should be great for sure.
Cheers, 50gary

50gary said:
John, so good to see the bike coming together so well. I'm happy for you even now before you've ridden it. I know you are aware that you are also causing a slow down on this web sight due to all the traffic lining up to give you the kudos you have earned. I've been trying to get on for days just to say well done, well almost done. The ride should be great for sure.
Cheers, 50gary

Thanks Gary, I appreciate all of your input and encouragement throughout the project.

Wow, that turned out awsome John. Need sunglasses to cut the glare or at least a tinted visor.

I would've done the same,lol. way too pretty to scratch it up!!! Beautiful work man.

Got the uni's on, fit perfect. I was going to run without filters but with no rear tyre hugger I might have some issues.

Attachments

• uni1.JPG
    uni1.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 217

Decided to work on a cowl around the headlights. Now I can use the same turn signals as the ones on the rear.

Attachments

• c1.JPG
    c1.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 212
  • c2.JPG
    c2.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 208

Big day today, fired the mean machine up for the first time it started first kick :) Had to shut it down sharpish because the oil wasn't feeding to the engine for some reason. Also smoked the garage out had to evacuate until it cleared, fortunately the Mrs wasn't home ;D Pipes sound awesome though.

I was wondering when you would light this thing up. Hope you get the oil pump figured out soon. Did you have premix the tank for the first startup?

clem said:
I was wondering when you would light this thing up. Hope you get the oil pump figured out soon. Did you have premix the tank for the first startup?

No premix but plenty of oil around all the bearings and down the bores when assembling the engine (hence the smoke). Originally I wanted to run the bike on premix (my prefered method) but was told that the crankshaft bearing would not get lubricated properly.

Without a video it didn't happen :)

Translation: we want to see and hear it too.

Congrats on getting this far. Now the fine tuning begins.

Reason that I asked was that I have read its a good idea to premix the first tank in case the pump does not work. Kinda like a plan "b".

Suzuki's oil to the crank bearing so the pump is a must clem

bradj said:
Suzuki's oil to the crank bearing so the pump is a must clem
Them damn kamakazie pilots.

WOW looks great very impressive and inspirational ;) oh get over to bike of the month you deserve it ;D

Well I tried bleeding the oil pump today but no go, can't believe there is an issue with it as it was working fine before. Guess I'll have to pull it out and take a look. Also, I think possibly that some of the transmission oil has seeped into the crankcases because the smoke that billowed out when I fired it up was whitish and it didn't smell like 2 stroke oil so I will have to investigate that as well. Not what I was hoping for.

Back
Top Bottom