1977 CB750 cafe racer build

Re: 1977 CB750 cafe racer build

Very nice! Glad you got that battery issue figured out. That bike deserves to be ridden.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

bjonesin said:
Very nice! Glad you got that battery issue figured out. That bike deserves to be ridden.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thank!
She does she does

eta6e8es.jpg
3u8u8e5e.jpg
ytevutez.jpg
6yrydata.jpg

Last one is my fav

When I had the carbs jetted the shop guy said that I had rust in my tank and sold me this stuff to remove and reseal the tank
evy2edub.jpg

He said not to follow the directions (use half water) and use 100% concentrate to remove the rust. It worked very very well.
4a9aqe7u.jpg
erytu6ag.jpg
y4y2udeb.jpg

worldcafe said:
Killer Bike....it reminds me of a bulldog... wide, low, white & black. Its Bad Ass!!!
Thanks! Bull dog is better than my brother calling it panda

Re: 1977 CB750 cafe racer build

Killer ride man. Any chance you could snap a pic from the underside of seat cowl? I'm curious as to how you attached ur tail and rear turn signals. I'm looking torun a similar set up

Thanks

bigtexan449 said:
Killer ride man. Any chance you could snap a pic from the underside of seat cowl? I'm curious as to how you attached ur tail and rear turn signals. I'm looking torun a similar set up

Thanks

Sure give me a few min

bigtexan449 said:

Thanks

dunujure.jpg
the cushion pan has rivet thread inserts from mcmaster.com that are 1/4-20. Once seat pan (cushion base) is mounted to cowling I used 2" long 1/4-20 threaded rod to go through tubes on frame.
a5yrumaq.jpg
that pulls everything down tight.
ejyqe4ev.jpg
9ata7eju.jpg
arude3yn.jpg
emy9a5yj.jpg
drilled through outside to fit thread on turn signal than a larger hole on inside of frame to fit inside of frame. Then grommet holes so it doesn't cut wire

The tail light has a plate to match the shape that was welded on
gapera2y.jpg

zequ7yna.jpg

Got ignition mount and inspection tag cut at work.
ase2e5u8.jpg
found out I was missing the spring that actuates the acceleration pump and that the nozzles were completely clogged.
pyge4e7a.jpg
found this on a forum but I did it a bit different.
zyqu7esa.jpg
pumped simple green through and used a fish hook to poke nozzle. That hook was a life saver
4uqyhuhy.jpg
umubanyb.jpg

uda8uhyd.jpg
got my spring in
yhe7u4ug.jpg
put some rivet inserts in to mount the key switch
2y6y3e9u.jpg
du5azuve.jpg

So I'm stumped. I change the needle clip position and cleaned the nozzles on the accelerator pump but it all back together and now the idle wants to go way up. I also noticed the throttle is much harder to turn when bike is on vs off and if I try to blip the throttle it just revs way up. Anyone know what this could be?

Check your throttle linkage! When I did my first start-up last week, my idle shot up like that after the fourth or fifth time starting. I had to use the kill switch to shut my cb down. I found the set screws for the throttle cables had worked loose from vibration, and the fact that I had never tightened them down. You mentioned that the throttle was difficult to twist when on vs. off. That's weird. If it was difficult to twist irregardless of the bike being on or off, I'd say it was definitely the cable/linkage.

Back
Top Bottom