My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project *Update*

teazer said:
Is it a spacer that you put behind the output sprocket, to match the chain line for that wide rear wheel?
That is what I'm wondering now! I did make an offset sprocket but maybe I needed a little more? I will check that out.

kadavenport said:
Any luck?

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I'm pretty sure it was behind the offset countershaft sprocket that I made to give me the exact offset to allow for the wider rear tire.

John, I have forgotten, what is the width of your rear rim/tire combo? I have a 110 front with a 3.00" wheel and a 140 rear with a 3.50" wheel. It was tough getting it in the very narrow Titan frame. I used a '14 Ninja 250 swingarm, pretty nice piece.
Cheers, 50gary

50gary said:
John, I have forgotten, what is the width of your rear rim/tire combo? I have a 110 front with a 3.00" wheel and a 140 rear with a 3.50" wheel. It was tough getting it in the very narrow Titan frame. I used a '14 Ninja 250 swingarm, pretty nice piece.
Cheers, 50gary
Hey Gary I have a 5" rim with a 160 tire. I machined the rear sprocket carrier down to move the chain over about 12mm as I recall but I still had move the counter sprocket about 10mm outward! How close are you to finishing your bike?

That's pretty wide, a 160 in that frame gotta be tight. I had to make an offset sprocket for my XS650. My T-500 tire is a Bridgestone Battlax S20 evo 140/17" radial, a very nice tire. I making progress, busy working two jobs so time is always at a premium. Keep up the good work, yours is a very cool bike.
Cheers, 50gary

Finally got the bike back together :) Hoping to fire it up tomorrow, first time on premix 8)

Attachments

• IMG_4859.JPG
    IMG_4859.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 892
  • IMG_4858.JPG
    IMG_4858.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 913
  • IMG_4857.JPG
    IMG_4857.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 974

that is awesome love the pic of a beautifully crafted bike on an economical project table in front of a humble toolbox. goes to show ya

Re: My Suzi T500 Project *New Video*

Well I got around to firing the bike up today, started on the second kick :) Sounds way better than before but very woolly down low. Smoked like a chimney too. Fuel tap started leaking so I'll get that fixed and take it for a quick spin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IAjMbpvlF0&feature=em-upload_owner

congrats!!!

second kick----exactly----it's a t500!! bulletproof, right?

Wow, awesome build and the bike sounds great in the video. Looks extremely well put together. Love the two strokes!

It looks and sounds great. Try smaller pilot jets to clean up that bottom end and/or drop the needles - if it's still like that after a blast up the street.

Thanks! Yes I put 45 pilots in so I think going down on those would iron some of that low end issue out. Raining outside right now, don't want to wipe out if I give it too much of a handful I'll wait until it's dry ;D

Going to try to install this tomorrow. Did I say i hate electrical stuff ;D

Attachments

• IMG_4887.JPG
    IMG_4887.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 669
Back
Top Bottom