Call for bikes - DO THE TON display at Toronto NA Int'l Motorcycle Supershow

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
So, as many of you know DO THE TON is signed up to have a display area at the upcoming North American International Motorcycle Supershow, Jan 15, 16 17 2010 at the Toronto International Centre (up by the airport).

We're looking for bikes to display. Likely we'll be capping it at 15 or so bikes.

Details will follow, but here's the general idea:

1. You will be responsible for transporting your bike to and from the show

2. Bikes are to arrive (we think) during the day on Thursday Jan 14 - we will confirm the specific window of time

3. Lets just assume for the moment that gas tanks should be empty

4. Bikes will be put on display at your own risk - we'll be working out a schedule for people to be attending the display area, but bottom line, we can't guarantee some idiot won't knock your bike over or scratch the paint.

5. Bikes are to depart in the evening on Sunday Jan 17 - again we will confirm the specific window of time

6. Bikes should be accompanied by an info-sheet - I'll print these up with details from you about your bike. I'm designing a DO THE TON info-sheet with the make/model/year, builder name and a spot for a short write-up. This will be the minimum documentation placed with each bike for people to read. Would love to see more from any of you including build pictures etc. that you can place beside the bike etc.

We're looking for FIRM commitments from people who will FOR SURE bring their bike. We have to limit the number, and don't want to cut anyone off the list and then have someone not show up with their bike(s). Unfortunately I don't think we're in a position to provide free or discounted passes to people who bring their bikes. I'd love to hand out tickets, but we're not in a position to spend $100's on tickets :(

So if you're interested in showing off your bike, let me know by PM here or email me at taysan @ gmail.com. Include recent pictures of your bike representative of how it will look mid-Jan. We're open to being creative - if you want to show off your in-progress project, by all means, bring it along! Would be nice to show people how we get from a basket case to a finished bike.

All make/models/styles of bikes are welcome (but lets say no scooters or mopeds ;)) Cafe, bobber, chopper, unclassified wackiness... whatever.

I'm bringing my XS650 for sure, and if we have the room I might bring my dusty as-found SR500 with the mouse-nest and all to show people what kind of thing we might start with as a barn-find sitting for 20 years.

We'll be there with a limited number of 4" DO THE TON patches for sale (I have about 25 left) :) So make sure you drop in, bring your friends and pay a visit.

OK guys.. PLease contact Me or Tim if you want to put your bike up for display at our Booth...

We have a spot for 30 bikes...

So far we have:

LilBeast: 3 bikes
Tim: 2 Bikes
Noel: 1 Bike
LoveHertz: 1 bike
Brian F: 1 bike
Gillian: 2 Bikes
Helen: 1
Rukus: 1
bmonk: 1, (or more!!.. ;D)

Hey nice work guys. Can't commit right now, maybe I can bring my mock-up from our photo shoot back in March. I had my bike on display last April so I can add a few points. No, the tanks don't need to be empty but there should be no leaks. If you do have an oil leak, bring your own catch pan. Bring rags, cleaner and polish if you want to pretty up your bike for the viewers. If the booth is supervised at all times, the risk of getting you bike knocked over is minimal. If you are supervising, bring a chair or you'll be standing for hours.

DrJ said:
Hey nice work guys. Can't commit right now, maybe I can bring my mock-up from our photo shoot back in March. I had my bike on display last April so I can add a few points. No, the tanks don't need to be empty but there should be no leaks. If you do have an oil leak, bring your own catch pan. Bring rags, cleaner and polish if you want to pretty up your bike for the viewers. If the booth is supervised at all times, the risk of getting you bike knocked over is minimal. If you are supervising, bring a chair or you'll be standing for hours.

Hey why not bring your "Glory or Death" mock up bike?...That bike is awesome!!..
The purpose of the DTT Bike booth is to show vintage street bikes, (aka: not vintage track bikes or vintage restored bikes), in the process of the transformation.
Even some before and after: ala Tims sr500 from the barn to HIde's Sr500 on the street...

Your Glory or Death bike is perfect for that!!..

There will be someone there at all times...

IMG_6553.jpg

Hell bring your wrenches and work on your bikes in the warmth of the international centre ;)

Tim said:
Hell bring your wrenches and work on your bikes in the warmth of the international centre ;)

hmmm, dont tempt me!! put greg(lunatic) and myself as bringing one bike each.

my 77 "not quite evil" xs650 ,and his 80 "lunatic fringe" xs650

Tim said:
So, as many of you know DO THE TON is signed up to have a display area at the upcoming North American International Motorcycle Supershow, Jan 15, 16 17 2010 at the Toronto International Centre (up by the airport).

We're looking for bikes to display. Likely we'll be capping it at 15 or so bikes.

Details will follow, but here's the general idea:

1. You will be responsible for transporting your bike to and from the show

2. Bikes are to arrive (we think) during the day on Thursday Jan 14 - we will confirm the specific window of time

3. Lets just assume for the moment that gas tanks should be empty

4. Bikes will be put on display at your own risk - we'll be working out a schedule for people to be attending the display area, but bottom line, we can't guarantee some idiot won't knock your bike over or scratch the paint.

5. Bikes are to depart in the evening on Sunday Jan 17 - again we will confirm the specific window of time

6. Bikes should be accompanied by an info-sheet - I'll print these up with details from you about your bike. I'm designing a DO THE TON info-sheet with the make/model/year, builder name and a spot for a short write-up. This will be the minimum documentation placed with each bike for people to read. Would love to see more from any of you including build pictures etc. that you can place beside the bike etc.

We're looking for FIRM commitments from people who will FOR SURE bring their bike. We have to limit the number, and don't want to cut anyone off the list and then have someone not show up with their bike(s). Unfortunately I don't think we're in a position to provide free or discounted passes to people who bring their bikes. I'd love to hand out tickets, but we're not in a position to spend $100's on tickets :(

So if you're interested in showing off your bike, let me know by PM here or email me at taysan @ gmail.com. Include recent pictures of your bike representative of how it will look mid-Jan. We're open to being creative - if you want to show off your in-progress project, by all means, bring it along! Would be nice to show people how we get from a basket case to a finished bike.

All make/models/styles of bikes are welcome (but lets say no scooters or mopeds ;)) Cafe, bobber, chopper, unclassified wackiness... whatever.

I'm bringing my XS650 for sure, and if we have the room I might bring my dusty as-found SR500 with the mouse-nest and all to show people what kind of thing we might start with as a barn-find sitting for 20 years.

We'll be there with a limited number of 4" DO THE TON patches for sale (I have about 25 left) :) So make sure you drop in, bring your friends and pay a visit.
I'll defo be there no bike ,but looking forward to seeing bikes, & members
jimmy O

Whoa, this is really cool!!! I'd like to shoot the exhibit using proper lights - I may want to tag along during setup, so I can get some shots before the craziness starts!!!

I am tentative...Tony still has my bike, but I could bring my seat and tank and slap them on. Would probably need to wrench a bit in the international centre, which sounds like a great time! nice and bright lights so i can see what I'm doing ;D

i will get back to you guys after I chat with Tony.

*If our bikes are there, do we need to be at the show for all hours it is being held over the weekend?

locO leoN said:
OK guys.. PLease contact Me or Tim if you want to put your bike up for display at our Booth...

We have a spot for 30 bikes...

So far we have:

LilBeast: 3 bikes
Tim: 2 Bikes
Noel: 1 Bike
LoveHertz: 1 bike
Brian F: 1 bike
Gillian: 2 Bikes
Helen: 1
Rukus: 1

Hey, I just wanted to make sure you were still counting me in. I had sent you an email a few weeks ago
of my cb550,
thanks,

Hey Guys,

Gilligan already chimed in for himself and for me as well, but I thought I'd stop by and let you in on an email I just got from the show. I asked them about the possibility of entering bikes in the showbike competition but displaying them in the Do the Ton booth. Aside from potential prizes, the benefit of entering the competition is that for $20 you get 2 weekend passes to the show. They emailed me and said it was not a problem at all to enter the comp and have the bikes in the DTT booth. Also, unlike the regular show bike registration, no pics are needed if the bike is in the club booth. It is required to submit the forms and pay the fee ahead of time though. There is also a $10 "vintage" category but you only get one weekend pass that way.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Here's the email:

Hi Greg,
The bikes in the club displays are certainly able to compete in the Showbike Awards program. The judges do all the bikes throughout the Show, and will give you a registration number, with reference to your location on the floor plan. Just make sure to write on the application that it is in the Do The Ton booth. You'll see the line for that down near the end of the entry form.
Do you need me to e-mail you the form or do you already have it?
You'll also see that we ask for photos of the bike(s) with the application but that is not necessary for bikes in the club displays. They are accepted automatically.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hedy Hodgson

SUPERSHOW Events

(905)655-5403

www.supershowevents.com

North American International Motorcycle SUPERSHOW

January 15, 16, 17, 2010

International Centre – Toronto

damn, this sounds cool, too bad I'll need to get a passport or enhanced dl before I can get there... stupid politics

dont get one of those enhanced DL's, i was watching this thing on conspiracy theory's today and i guess IBM just came out with a program that can take all your information from your drivers license from 25 feet away with a little handheld scanner. so if someone has that scanner they just have to walk by you and they have all your info, goodbye identity.

Back
Top Bottom