If you were to buy a NEW bike...

Jfishsolevibe

Coast to Coast
What would it be?

Since Ive known motorcycles Ive loved Triumphs. Thus, for me the only choice would be a Thruxton.

...Of course if price werent a factor, a Duc GT1000 would be the move for sure.

I would get a Hypermotard, no doubt. I'd rather own an old bike than a new 'cafe-style' bike, and I have no real interest in true sportbikes.

I don't know what I would buy - but I know what I wouldn't even be seen around. There's a guy around me and Von that builds a 3 wheeled scooter-ish contraption with a roof and windshield. Two tiny wheels in the back but the thing isn't any wider than a normal bike. Looks like a Smart car got t-boned into a wall.

Creative? Yes. Mechanical skills? Got me beat. But damn if they don't look goofy comin down the street.

I'd be seriously tempted by a Speed Triple or a Ducati Sport Classic...

buell is dead and apparently honda no longer makes the 919/hornet anymore. so probably a z1000.

The new honda CB1100 but that's not coming to Canada from what I can figure. Or the CB1300 from UK, but can't have one of those until it is 15 years old due to import laws. So it wouldn't be new. To bad Honda won't import any of the bikes I would like to own. I would take out a loan for either of those 2 bikes. But since I can't have either I will keep repairing my 30 year old bikes until I can get something like one of those. Doesn't have to be a honda. I would actually love to have a GT1000 or a Guzzi Griso 1200. But the closest Guzzi dealer is 500 miles away, we have a Ducati Dealer but I can't afford the GT1000 and don't want one quite enough to go into more debt for it.

Cheers,

kbmx: How could I forget Buell! If I could find one for a reasonable price Id buy one.

mrk_D - I dig it man - I cant seem to find a taste for sportsbikes (aside from Buells)... I know they are just the grandchildren of the bikes that I like, but I cant get into them.

That being said I love all motorocycles, but the Cafe styling cues are essential to me. If it doesnt look Cafe to me, I could never be truly in love.

Wow, there's a loaded question... I'd have to say I'd gp with a '10 Z1000 or a Ducati Streetfighter... Although that new VFR1200 and XR1200 sound fun too. Too many bikes, not enough cash...

If $$$$ was no option, its the Ducati Hailwood Replica, or the Cofederate Wraith hands down...
Ducati-Hailwood-replica.jpg

confederatemotorcycle.jpg

In the real world, Id go with the CBR600 "Leyla". The CBR600 is, acording to at least 3 reviews ive read, "the most perfect motorcycle you can buy". One writer actually said, "this bike will actually make you a better rider. It wont allow you to mess up, unless your so moronic you shouldnt be on a bike to begin with. I love this motorcycle."
2010-Honda-CBR-600RR-ABS-1.jpg

Mike,

That Duc makes my knees weak man. That is incredible.

I see a few of you said that Z1000 - What are the reasons for that? I think those are cool bikes, but not really any cooler than any other streetfighter. Hip me.

If I were in the market for a new bike, I'd buy a Harris Ducati TT2 frame kit and work off that. That way she is 100% new but I get to build it the way I want, adding Ohlins suspension, lots of 1 off billet parts, Carbon wheels, GP spec Brembos, factory race colours etc.
Harris_tt2_Pantah.jpg

Or just buy an NCR Ducati and call it a day.
12-1.jpg

2009_07_22_bikepics-1733331-full.jpg

GSXR1000 Bad as you wanna be, bishes!

2010-KTM-1190RC8f-small.jpg

KTM RC8 404 lb. Yeah, baby!

newzx103.jpg

ZX10R Not many changes, but I love the graphics

more than likely, a BMW adventure...Watched both seasons of long way around (down) and fell in love with those things

Back
Top Bottom