If you were to buy a NEW bike...

biker_reject said:
I haven't warmed up to the Beemer just yet. Don't get me wrong, I love me some German engineering!

I drive a bmw, and its been my (realistic) dream car for a pretty long time. Obv Im a fan of bmw. However Ive never really had good feelings towards their bikes. Some 70's and 80's stuff is cool, but anything even mildly recent just doesnt flex with me. For example, the bimmer pictured above just looks like the HotRodz toy company designed a crotch rocket. Sure it has the roundel, but where is the bmw sophistication? Even the M cars, souped up as they may be, retained that classly german styling. However all their recent bikes seem to just be of the dualsport/touring sort and now this shark gilled crotch rocket.. in a hideous olive green at that.. That being said, the mechanics of that bike are amazing, and based on that and the fact that it carries the roundel, Id be glad to have one :) (just not in that horrid green please!)

Fair call boomshakalaka, I'm not a huge fan of the styling although it is growing on me slowly.

How about their HP2 bikes? The S version whomps out 97kW from an aircooled 1200cc twin! Dyno tests confirm it, with operators adding that its as lean as anything and would probably make the racers output of 105kW (140hp) if the ECU was given a remap! All that with over 100Nm of torque from 2,000rpm upwards. Plus it looks gorgeous, in true BMW livery of blue and white with lashings of CF.

I just want to know how the hell they do it. I mean I've ridden an early R1100S and thought that was a blast... Take that Ducati!

- boingk

boomshakalaka said:
I drive a bmw, and its been my (realistic) dream car for a pretty long time. Obv Im a fan of bmw. However Ive never really had good feelings towards their bikes. Some 70's and 80's stuff is cool, but anything even mildly recent just doesnt flex with me. For example, the bimmer pictured above just looks like the HotRodz toy company designed a crotch rocket. Sure it has the roundel, but where is the bmw sophistication? Even the M cars, souped up as they may be, retained that classly german styling. However all their recent bikes seem to just be of the dualsport/touring sort and now this shark gilled crotch rocket.. in a hideous olive green at that.. That being said, the mechanics of that bike are amazing, and based on that and the fact that it carries the roundel, Id be glad to have one :) (just not in that horrid green please!)

When I sold German cars ('06-'07), my very favorite was this little black 335ix (M3 not out that year). Dude! twin turbos AND paddle shifters? Fuggetaboutit! Sure, it was hopped up little sedan, but as you said, loads of sophistication and poise. The Beemer was so unlike say, a buzzy, but undeniably hot, WRX. I saw a cool MC shootout (2010 liter bikes) program on HDTheater and all the test riders raved about the BMW. I'd love to ride one, but I am totally addicted to the Japanese inlines.

dead bound said:
Dr Who

atom_bomb_doctor_who.jpg

if you want this bike im building a triumph with the same amount of quality, ill post a build thread next week its going to ebay once im done with it.

ef2005_1.jpg

not technically "new" but a lot newer than anything I have...

limited production 500cc twin two stroke, I think at the time of release it was the highest power to weight bike in the world... I know a bimota certified tech too, so it'd be in good hands

I'll keep wishing :)

boingk said:
Fair call boomshakalaka, I'm not a huge fan of the styling although it is growing on me slowly.

How about their HP2 bikes? The S version whomps out 97kW from an aircooled 1200cc twin! Dyno tests confirm it, with operators adding that its as lean as anything and would probably make the racers output of 105kW (140hp) if the ECU was given a remap! All that with over 100Nm of torque from 2,000rpm upwards. Plus it looks gorgeous, in true BMW livery of blue and white with lashings of CF.

I just want to know how the hell they do it. I mean I've ridden an early R1100S and thought that was a blast... Take that Ducati!

- boingk

wow, somehow I forgot about these.. they are definitley cool and do the roundel justice. However Im not 100% sold on the opposed twin in a crotch rocket. Obv it puts down the power, but it just looks kinda awkward. Still a damn cool bike though, and Id be happy to ride one :)

Back
Top Bottom