"Tangerine Dream" / Glemseck - KZ750

Re: "Tangerine Dream" - KZ750

Just saw a red frame / white liveried bike .........................hmmmm, not sure.

I'm thinking of a pale [ almost pastel ] Yellow. Again - an old British car colour was Jonquil. Maybe with some white panels on the tank / stripes on mudguard / seat ??

I think Ducati produced a yellow monster with a red frame and it was sexy as hell.

Quick Google:

Attachments

• yellow duc.jpg
    yellow duc.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,026

I'm a bit of a fan of the blank, red, and white combos.

Two of my bikes pictured.

Attachments

• 10577070_10152629593785159_4118837882326055880_n.jpg
    10577070_10152629593785159_4118837882326055880_n.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 336
  • 946249_10151708289650159_90060506_n.jpg
    946249_10151708289650159_90060506_n.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 354

Yep Sonreir's on the money; either red/black, red/white or red/silver are classics that work great...that said..it's your bike!

Appreciate all the feedback ........................ however - shouldn't a Flat Tracker be a bit "in yer face" colourwise ???

White / Black / Silver are all "classic" colour combos with Red.

Brodie said:
Go for the Renault yellow!

And I DO have a litre left over from the Porsche California job !

I'm starting the prep work on the Tank and panels / seat over the Christmas break. I'll leave top coat until the weather warms up in the Spring - unless Mrs.B let's me have the spare infra red heater for my garage !

beachcomber said:
Appreciate all the feedback ........................ however - shouldn't a Flat Tracker be a bit "in yer face" colourwise ???

Hard to argue with that. Plus, with a name like "Tangerine Dream", it would be a real shame not to go with a lot of orange.

Sonreir said:
Hard to argue with that. Plus, with a name like "Tangerine Dream", it would be a real shame not to go with a lot of orange.

"Tangerine Dream" was one of several "in house" ident. names I picked - when the tins were going to be the new Ford [ UK ] Tangerine, with a Silver frame. Until I found out the cost of the Ford paint - "How Muckin Futch ".

One of the other names [ for Yellow finish ] was "Not so Mellow Yellow" [ see the back of the Speedster ] - however until a final decider, it was easier to keep with "Tangerine Dream" for the thread !

Many years ago I built a Le Mans 60's style Cafe Racer - that was ALL Red - "Simply Red".

I saw a very pale Yellow on a car yesterday - but couldn't get close enough through the traffic to see what make it was.

I do appreciate all the feedback guys.

I just bought a job lot of rattle cans [ various colours ] for next to nothing. Hopefully that will give me the nod for the final colour choice.

I also found a guy on the Interweb who is selling "flake" for adding to nail varnish, decorating greetings cards etc. It looks very much like Metalflake to me ! ;) He says it suspends OK in nail varnish, so I'll have a go with a small batch suspended in clear cellulose.

70 different colours available - and compared to genuine Flake for painting - silly cheap. Nothing to lose except a few quid's worth of materials.

Not to duplicate the story - but I've ended up with a 30' x 6'6" lean to / workshop space at the side of the house. Mrs.B thinks it's a log store ;)................. I'm thinking GBFO workbench, compressor, bench vice, LIGHT, HEAT, NO DRIPPING WATER ..heaven. I have to leave around 10' for logs - we only use the open fire Christmas / special occasions / for effect, so we don't need the sort of store we have in Saxony.

Will be finished mid way through Jan ................... then watch me go. ;D

Here's the Mini-Flake samples I ordered. There's over 70 colours available [ !! ].

As soon as my new "workshop" is watertight / sealed I'll get on with testing the flake out.

IF it's successful - re-fuckin-sult ............. it's less than 1/2 the price of regular flake - we'll see.

BTW - the Yellow is paler in real life and not far off the tone of Yellow I'm looking for the tins.

Cool TJ do you need a flake gun and compressor or can you sprinkle it on over a tray and re-use it etc.?

Maritime said:
Cool TJ do you need a flake gun and compressor or can you sprinkle it on over a tray and re-use it etc.?

I'm going to try to suspend it in clear lacquer and spray. I STILL have my flake gun from back in the 70's ! It's only a small "touch in" / detail gun, but plenty big enough for motorcycle work. The last flake jpob I did was a Vespa scooter for one of my customers.

As to the "sprinkle" method - I'm sure that would work as most of the samples the company sent me have been done in that way.

IF it works well with spraying [ can't see why not ] then I have hit upon an inexpensive source of flake !

That's 4 peeps that's had a go at removing the front wheel spindle now !!!! So it's not just me being a dummy.

I have had the offer of a complete front end from a B2 for £150 - but that's out of the funding window at the moment. The rear wheel bearings are now out [ courtesy of a pal ] - and the wheel bearings ARE as new [ as the PO told me ! ] and have come out unscathed.

I'll drop the front wheel off to my tame machine shop owner next week - worst case scenario - I'll get him to turn / cut the sleeve nut off and make me a new one.

So you are going to mix the flake in a clear lacquer then spray it on? Sounds like a plan.

Back
Top Bottom