GT 185 Oil Lines

1fasgsxr

Over 1,000 Posts
Any GT 185 experts out there? My uncle and his buddy were working on one and stopped because they said the "oil lines" were junk and you cant get them anymore??? 1st off I wont lie I don't know what they are talking about because I know nothing about the old 2 strokes. This just don't seem like that bad of a road block to me. Any of you guys have this issue? Any pictures of what they are talking about?

Thanks

Most of the Suzuki smoker twins (and triples) had less than flexible oil feed lines that, especially when exposed to the elements (i.e. outside storage) tended to get brittle. They are tough to find, but do come up on ebay for a descent used set from time to time. Part of why they are important and tough to re make, is that at the splitter, there is actually a check valve that keeps crank pulses from backfeeding oil the wrong way back into the pump.

Also, another roadblock, is that unlike the yamahas of the same vintage that just ran oil directly into the intake, the Suzuki oiling system pushes the oil directly into the crank bearings. Therefore, you cannot simply "delete the oil pump and run premix" as you will starve the crank bearings of oil.

Back
Top Bottom