1984 Honda XR80 SLO Burn Hellride

Strangely, seats for this gen XR80 are non-existent. So, until I find a proper one, I trimmed a previous gen XR70 base, sculpted a foam pad, then covered it with an aftermarket cover. It’s far from perfect, but not a bad option to get me through. I also got my flag. Still waiting on my raccoon tail. Got a Meier rear fender.

a8e0769a1a9c63fab2acb7a1c471733d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. The seat looks stock from here.

In case of an unexpected big bump while cruising on the freeway, should the sidecar have a floor to keep the monkey's legs from falling through? Maybe expanded mesh or something.

iatethepeach said:
Nice. The seat looks stock from here.

In case of an unexpected big bump while cruising on the freeway, should the sidecar have a floor to keep the monkey's legs from falling through? Maybe expanded mesh or something.
Most definitely. I’ve been trying to figure out what I want to use for that. Maybe plexiglass. I thought about some of that plastic pegboard material if I can find a cheap enough. It’s a white plastic.

irk miller said:
I also got my flag. Still waiting on my raccoon tail.

No racoon tail, a skull & cross bones pirate flag is more appropriate for you.

ridesolo said:

No racoon tail, a skull & cross bones pirate flag is more appropriate for you.

Agreed, a Jolly Roger would be awesome. That way, when somebody gets smacked by that giant whip, they can say it was a Pirate. Better story. Besides sailor boy, it fits you.

Mud-Ohio anarchy

https://youtu.be/3CctJTli-UM

More anarchy

https://youtu.be/umsRLcmLSi0

It survived Barber but barely.
Turns out an XR80 with a harbor freight sidecar is less than ideal for the enduro trails on the back side of barber, mush less with two "grown" adults aboard.
Add in drunken slow races and contests to see who could keep it on 2 wheels for the furthest with a passenger in the sidecar and shes a little worse for wear but still kicking!

I did get a full lap of the ring road on 2 wheels. Got lots of cheers for that one.

Oh man. I really hope it was worth it. I rode Shupe around Mid-O, but that bent the Z50 wheel after a bit. I swapped out the wheels and rode it a while since. I really built it to ride my girls around. They're 4 yo and 6 yo, so it was perfect fun for them. Regardless, a running XR80 with YZ wheels isn't such a bad thing, I hope.

irk miller said:
Oh man. I really hope it was worth it. I rode Shupe around Mid-O, but that bent the Z50 wheel after a bit. I swapped out the wheels and rode it a while since. I really built it to ride my girls around. They're 4 yo and 6 yo, so it was perfect fun for them. Regardless, a running XR80 with YZ wheels isn't such a bad thing, I hope.

Dude totally worth it we had an absolute blast on it. Nothings broken, just bent the HF hitch a bit lol, i'll straighten it out and we'll keep her cruising!

SONIC. said:
Dude totally worth it we had an absolute blast on it. Nothings broken, just bent the HF hitch a bit lol, i'll straighten it out and we'll keep her cruising!
I bent the HF hitch on purpose to get the right angle and tracking, so check over everything first. It may have bent more, but know it had a purposeful bend there too. It was hard otherwise to get the bike to lean a bit towards the hack, so it was more stable in a right turn.

Back
Top Bottom