'82 cm450c no name build.

binks

posting this up looking for a bit of help.
im about to order myself a nice set of ape hangers for her. when i go to install them, i wanna convert my throttle to left hand, keep my brake on the right and find a way to set my clutch up using my right foot(if thats possible). I have an ongoing medical issue with my right hand that has gotten to a point where i can no longer grip the throttle and pull my front brake in while keeping stable. i need surgery soon and i dont want to miss the up coming season.

basically why im posting is to figure out how to run my clutch to my right heel, or even above my brake lever and ill have to clutch as i go to brake.

heres a picture, still not completely done with the build. didnt keep much documentation getting to this point.

Attachments

• IMG_3292.jpg
    IMG_3292.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 391
Re: '82 cm450c typical bobber project

have you thought of switching both throttle only to the left and front brake to your right foot. you would simply need a metered master cylinder like in a car, so most of the braking would be done by the front wheel?

Haw about picking up a Hondamatic Engine/trans from a cm400a and swapping it in for the time being?

TheCoffeeGuy said:
have you thought of switching both throttle only to the left and front brake to your right foot. you would simply need a metered master cylinder like in a car, so most of the braking would be done by the front wheel?

but then where would my clutch go at that point? left hand clutch/throttle seems impossible.
i have thought about setting my front brake up to work with my right foot, that way my right hand fingers all stay gripped.
how would i manage to run my front brake to my rear pedal using a proportioning valve/master seeing as front brakes are hydraulic and my rear are drum? i was thinking of running a remote master cylinder from the front lines and possibly connecting the cable into the rear brake lever. would anyone know if that would safely bring my bike to a stop without causing sudden jerking from both front/rear brakes being engaged at once?

2.3efi said:
Haw about picking up a Hondamatic Engine/trans from a cm400a and swapping it in for the time being?

theres no way ever will i own an automatic bike. i refuse to drive automatic cars/trucks. i wont let my hand problem stop me from running through gears. theres no fun with an automatic.

Back
Top Bottom