So I bought $40 worth of coke today....

swan

Kickstart, shift on right, drum brakes and spokes
DTT BOTM WINNER
So I bought $40 worth of coke today... Coca-Cola that is. The final production run of Coke in returnable 6.5 oz bottles in the US was made last week in Winona, MN. Sad, the end of an era, an American icon and they were one of many things I like about my little river town. They are selling the last 5500 bottles for $20 each and all the proceeds go towards maintaining and improving Winona's bicycle paths around the lake. I am saving one bottle forever and the other I will drink after after a nice autumn motorcycle ride and with a good meal. Cheers!

Learn more or order some: http://cocacolawinona.wordpress.com/
IMG_1896-Version2.jpg

I saw that on the news last week. I agree, it is sad.
I remember buying Coca-Cola from vending machines when they were still in bottles, and had the bottle opener on the vending machine (no twist off tops).

I bought a ton (2,000 lb) of coal to stretch the 55 gallon barrel of coke in the blacksmith shop. As you probably know coke is hard to light by itself.

Moving (as opposed to doing) the ton means moving 40 x 50 lb bags so that my dog can catch mice.

So why do dogs love drinking the slack water? (That's the tub of water for immersing hot iron.)

Here's to all the good, long rides that ended with a cold Coca-Cola and a cheeseburger at some local diner!

You can still get Mexican coke in the glass bottle. Made with real sugar...not corn syrup. You can taste the difference. We sell a shit ton of it at my restaurant...

Dang, $20 a piece? Cool to have that history but mymy that's pricey. At least it's for a good cause though

I live about 45 minutes outside Atlanta and have been to the factory here a few times. Sad to see that. Drinking Coke out a glass bottle always tastes so much better to me.

Back
Top Bottom