Gasolina Boots

rkatapt

Check out these handmade boots.

http://www.hungrylens.com/gasolinaboots/

They look pretty sharp and at a good price for a handmade leather boot. I've been looking around for some new riding boots. I don't want the superhero look of modern day riding boots. My Docs have been working for me I just hate the really thick sole and toe.

I just saw the add in Motorcycle classics. I emailed Todd about large sizes (i wear a 15). He responded quickly and said he does have some, but he also suggested taking measurements ( chart he provided) to ensure a proper fit. He also said for an extra $25, they would make a custom fit boot.I sent him my #'s and I 'm waiting on his reply. I'm stoked!

Anybody already have a pair? They sure look great, but I worry about buying shoes of any kind that I can't actually try on first.

They do look good but I've never found a pair of tall zip up boots that fit over my bulbous calves.

Ya those boots = sexual feeling.
The price is pretty fantastic. I'm usually not one for the tall boots, but these look are really nice.

How have they fit and worked out after wearing them for a while? build quality good?

Well, I'm somewhat less than stoked. I sent Todd an email with my measurements and let him know of my intentions to purchase a pair before X-mas. 1 week, no response, fowarded email again. 2weeks no response. 3 weeks, still nothing. Don't think i'll be sending him any of my money.

So, anyone know where I can get some size 15 touring style boots? Maybe some with less of a metrosexual vibe?

Yeah these boots caught my attention too. I've been looking for this type of boots for a while now. The only thing I don't like about them is the light colored stitching and the type of leather used on the upper part.
Actually the boots I'd like to get are more like 70's motocross boots with the 4 or 5 buckles on the side. If you look at the boots Goose is wearing in Mad Max you will see what I mean. The only boots I have been able to find that are close are not cheap.
Aerostich Combat Touring boots
http://www.aerostich.com/off-and-riding/footwear/combat-touring-boots/aerostich-combat-touring-boots.html
And Gold Top Boots. You can usually find these in British motorcycle magazines.
But like I said not cheap.

Damn, that sucks Speedfiend...

Weezy, that's what ive been keeping an eye out for too. But something less tall hooker/KISS boot like.

The vintage mid 60's? Alipine Motorcross Boots are pretty killer. Though I guess they're catching on, since some ratty ass pair was on ebay a few months ago for like $100+ .. dunno how easy it will be to find a decent pair of size 10 - 11, seems to be a popular size.

Though I havn't hunted my local vintage shops for a long time now, I think its about that time to find local gold. Something thats just been thrown to the side, for me to snatch and enjoy.

I was going to pick up a pair of these Gasolinas, but i found these on EBay and for $35 delivered I figured Id try em' out first. Pretty cool 70s (?) era boots. Should be here today. Hopefully they fit.

11.jpg

VonYinzer said:
I was going to pick up a pair of these Gasolinas, but i found these on EBay and for $35 delivered I figured Id try em' out first. Pretty cool 70s (?) era boots. Should be here today. Hopefully they fit.

11.jpg
sweet

Wow! :eek: Those Dr. Martens look great. With $44.00 off they are hard to refuse. If I had any spare cash I'd buy them right now.

That coupon code seems to be worth $56 today :) $104 after the discount.

Thats it. I...... can`t....... resist...... any....... longer, I`m gonna buy a pair too! :)

Find a friend in the US to send them to. Ordering to Canada apparently sucks.

If you're near the US border you can ship to a UPS store in a nearby town and pick them up there. Can be shipped by any method. They charge $10 I think + $1 / day storage or something. I've done it with the UPS store in Buffalo NY.

Best bet though is a friend in the US.

Back
Top Bottom