socal cb360T build

stript.714 o/c said:
We don't ride thinking "it" won't happen.
We ride knowing it "probably will happen" but do it anyways. 8)

So sad but true, Its definitely a gamble even when you do all the things right.

haha I ride my cl350 really hard, it's only a matter of time before I drop it

Motorcycles should come equipped with a few pounds of C4 in the gas tank. Starting the bike arms the C4 and sensors that detect a crash (similar to those on air bags) detonate it. I bet that would get more drivers looking twice for bikes. ;D

No i think any one who has a drivers license should be forced to ride a motorcycle for at-lest 6 months to a year. Then they would understand what we go through and actually take in to consideration the severity of other peoples mistakes.

stript.714 o/c said:
No i think any one who has a drivers license should be forced to ride a motorcycle for at-lest 6 months to a year. Then they would understand what we go through and actually take in to consideration the severity of other peoples mistakes.

I am a Driving Instructor over here in the UK and I have been saying exactly the same for a while now. It would teach people so much more about dealing with other road users than any other lesson we can teach.

All of my students that come to me that have motorcycle riding experience become much better drivers than those who go straight to car driving.

stript.714 o/c said:

I know it'll be hard for you to understand this but this no one is out looking to make your life safer. Safety is up to you, not the cagers. So ride like everyone is out to kill you. Next time anticipate that this person is going to pull in front of you. Watch their eyes. Slow down.

Glad to see your on the mend at least. As far as accidents go I've taken many ques from riding a bicycle in masshole city. Being side swiped, run into, doored you name it, has gotten me quite used to my heads up view when riding a motorcycle. It can still happen but if I see a person who looks rushed or dumb I usually yield even if they are "sort of" yielding. I had a bad hit on a bicycle where I was knocked unconscious and had to get some staples to close my head up. We were in a 3 line intersection the right most lane goes right middle goes straight and the left goes left. Guy turned right in the left lane and just demolished me at about 35 (i'm not sure how fast I was going but I just came down a hill so around 20+). After that I just roll up to that intersection knowing that someone will do the same thing. live and learn thats all we can do, everyones experience is different but sometimes it helps to share experiences..

SHoot what's saying your safe in a car? Hell half the reason I pay as much attention to WTF other people do while I am driving is because I ride. I have a 45 mile drive to and from work and on a good day I get almost run over, sideswiped, headed on, t-boned, run off the road, cut off, etc. at least once every 4th mile, and this is on the back road 2 lane highway I LIKE to RIDE on. Notice the ALMOST because I WATCH for assholes, ignorants, and people that are eating, shaving, applying make up and talking on the GOD DAMN PHONE at the same time. Yes, I have seen a woman shaving her legs and driving and on a busy street. Don't even get me started about TEXTING. :mad: I know they are not paying attention and I have to make up for their lack of driving skills. NOTHING amuses me more than pulling up beside someone with their nose stuck in a phone and LAYING on the HORN and watching them try to jump through the roof. ;D

I cant agree more with all of you. Several people have mention they have front, end forks,spare rims, etc
that they were willing to part with. But no one has actually got there plans in motion. If you have any parts please feel free to let me know .CHEERS!!

look through here, let me know if anything looks like you might want it. If so, we can ACTUALLY move forward with getting you some parts.

I really apriciate it. I was looking at the front forks and thee to a drum brake front wheel. I actually need the 1976 cb360t front forks since my model bike runs a actual brake rotor.

You know if it was me, after mangling things up like you did, I would pull the whole damn thing apart and get the frame up and a table and check it for square and trueness. No sense buy/obtaining parts if the neck is all fukered up or the frame has a bad twist. Better to go look for another bike unless the damage is fixable.

stript.714 o/c said:
look through here, let me know if anything looks like you might want it. If so, we can ACTUALLY move forward with getting you some parts.

I really apriciate it. I was looking at the front forks and thee to a drum brake front wheel. I actually need the 1976 cb360t front forks since my model bike runs a actual brake rotor.

So...what are you saying? Yes you want some parts or no?

The 'older' models are disc, the newer ones were drum in an effort to keep price down (CJ's)
All are 33mm forks

I just had a chance to look over your build, your bike looks great. I like looking at other peoples work. It keeps me motivated. Nice work

Thanks man i feel the same way about yours brother. Did you see the accident pics? i have to rebuild my bike .
I was only 4 months in to riding my bike before i got in to my accident.

I just bought some new forks for my bike. i have to rebuild them,I just fineshed polishing them off,and I just realized my bikes frame has a big bend in it , so i will be lookinng for a new frame!!!! So broke no money for anything ,And this broken ankle is not helping , lets not mention my three kids i have to feed!!! I just want to ride to keep sane!!!

Back
Top Bottom