1983 GSX750 Katana

tobiism

Been Around the Block
Here's one of my other babies that I dragged out to work on while I'm waiting on cash to buy parts for other projects. This is my looooong term project. I'm trying to develop a modern version of the awesome original Katana. This is how I envision it. I need a Bandit 1200 swingarm and GSXR1100 forks. It'll definitely get a bigger engine, either an 1100 GSXR or a 1200 Bandit .

DSC05484.jpg

DSC05485.jpg

DSC05486.jpg

DSC05487.jpg

DSC05488.jpg

DSC05489.jpg

DSC05490.jpg

Looks and sounds like a great plan!! ;D Can't wait! 8)

I love the body lines you have created there! Looks awesome! I think you have really caught the look of a bike that fits right in the middle of cafe racer and modern sport bike! The proportions of tank and tail are spot on! Really great work and vision! Can't wait to see more!

I want one of those bikes sooo bad! Did you see the one in the Dec 09 Classic Motorcycle mechanics. Fuggin shweet! Punched out to a 1260. Worth looking at.
jim

Thanks everybody!
Cut the lower portion of the subframe out tonight to get ready for doing the monoshock. Raised the seat height to get it looking more aggresive, looks spot-on now ;D

DSC05497.jpg

DSC05495.jpg

i like the bike thus far, the only thing id change is id shorten up the seat about 6 inches, they are long bikes to begin with and that tailsection isnt helping. everything else looks great.

Well, I started on the new subframe tonight. Just needs a couple of triangulated braces and two cross braces and it'll be set.
DSC05517.jpg

DSC05518.jpg

DSC05519.jpg

bikeboy said:
excellent work so far. I'll be watching this one for sure.

ian
Seconded. Every time I look at the tank, I think how awesome it looks just like that with the beautifully faded suzuki emblem and the patina!

Thanks guys, I wish I had more time to work on it! Its another of those "one of these days projects" like my CL360.

Back
Top Bottom