TATTOOs... Lets see what ya got!!..

Re: TATTOO's... Lets see what ya got!!..

Left arm. My last name is Tijerina and scissortail flycatchers are known as 'tijeritas' on the Texas/Mexico border. The skull is a calavera (I'm Messican); the jist is life over death:
Scissorskullmerged.jpg

by Ezra Haidet @ Triple Crown Tattoo, Austin,TX

Fer you ink freaks......http://www.folkstreams.net/pub/FilmPage.php?title=150

NE

Crab_Cakes said:
Do Tattoos hurt?

nooooooo, it doesn't hurt. ;D

when I first had mine done, it wasn't bad at all. but I tell you what, when I had it reshaded 3 months later, it felt like they were taking the skin off with a blow torch. its worth it though, I'm getting it shaded once more this fall.

it makes a big difference in the pain level as to where they are placing the tat too.....

Crab_Cakes said:
Do Tattoos hurt?

I only have one, but it wasn't too bad... And it is "below the belt", haha (literally just below the belt line below my stomach).

My buddy had his stomach tattooed and says it hurt... If you are ticklish in the area you get tattooed than it will probably hurt.

Hard to explain though. It's not like getting stabbed or anything. It's like a carpet burn.

MEh
I've heard mixed reviews
Some say it hurts others Not

I think i'll pass

Not a big fan of pain and I hear there's a real possibility of contracting a disease like Hep

You should double check your research on Hep...
I got mine done at a small shop and everything they used was completely sealed and sterile.

But yeah, definitely don't do it if you have any reservations. Not something you want to regret doing.

On the other side of the coin I actually know a guy who was going to get a large back piece, but now only has a few black lines that look like nothing... had to stop for the pain.

Ease said:
You should double check your research on Hep...
I got mine done at a small shop and everything they used was completely sealed and sterile.

But yeah, definitely don't do it if you have any reservations. Not something you want to regret doing.

On the other side of the coin I actually know a guy who was going to get a large back piece, but now only has a few black lines that look like nothing... had to stop for the pain.

As far as sterilizing goes
You guys have Screech so no need for an autoclave

Ease said:

I don't care how bad it hurt, I wouldn't walk around with the random beginnings of an outline. Take a Vicoden or something, sheesh.

If you're worried about pain/infection, don't do it- the commitment to the art has to be enough to get past those things. Infection is pretty rare if you actually spend the cash in a decent shop. You really do get what you pay for with tattoos!

Crab_Cakes said:
MEh
I've heard mixed reviews
Some say it hurts others Not

I think i'll pass

Not a big fan of pain and I hear there's a real possibility of contracting a disease like Hep

everyone has different tolerances for pain, but getting a tat is kind of an addictive pain. regardless, if you've never had a tattoo, don't even consider getting one on the "spur of the moment" and for christ's sakes, don't let anyone talk you into getting one. this is something you'll have for life, you don't want any second thoughts. if and when you make the choice to get one, the pain won't be a concern and it will fade fast anyway. ;D but like Kev Nemo said, you get what you pay for, check around. and stay away from your friend's buddies that can cut you a deal and do it in their basement..... :eek:

karen said:
everyone has different tolerances for pain, but getting a tat is kind of an addictive pain. regardless, if you've never had a tattoo, don't even consider getting one on the "spur of the moment" and for christ's sakes, don't let anyone talk you into getting one. this is something you'll have for life, you don't want any second thoughts. if and when you make the choice to get one, the pain won't be a concern and it will fade fast anyway. ;D but like Kev Nemo said, you get what you pay for, check around. and stay away from your friend's buddies that can cut you a deal and do it in their basement..... :eek:

SO this would be a BAD idea then i guess

tattoogun006.jpg

Kev Nemo said:
The skull is a calavera

I thought all calavera's (SP?) Had Tons of color?

I was going to get a Tikbalang (Filipino demon) But the wife said she's leave me if i did

Crab_Cakes said:
SO this would be a BAD idea then i guess

tattoogun006.jpg

you are just hilarious. actually a coworker's brother got hep from some dumbass that had the real equipment, just didn't have the sterilizer. after an evening of drinking, they got a notion.....

Crab_Cakes said:
I thought all calavera's (SP?) Had Tons of color?

I was going to get a Tikbalang (Filipino demon) But the wife said she's leave me if i did

That's the idea-the skull represents death (as does the cross on it's forehead) and the bird/flowers represent life. If I was just getting the calavera as a single design element without the bird, it would have been color because that's what the color represents-life and joy. The bird/flowers take the place of that. Are you Filipino? I don't think I've ever heard/seen a tikbalang tat.

Crab_Cakes said:
Do Tattoos hurt?
tattoos hurt no matter where you are getting them. When people say it didn't hurt, it really means it didn't hurt enough to make any complaints. It's impossible to say that something raking your skin a 1/4" deep at 300rpms doesn't hurt. I have a lot of work done to my body, with the ribs being the worst pain of the bunch, and no matter how little the pain, it always hurt. My things are covered and they weren't pleasant to do. My chest has a small piece that wasn't as bad as the thighs, my shoulders are done and they felt like bee stings. My ribs were nearly unbearable, I couldn't breathe well during the process but the healing was faster than any of my other ink. It's very personal how much something hurts you and you can't really judge based on what other people say because every feels pain at different tolerance levels. I will say I feel like I'm up for anything at the moment since I just had my appendix taken out on Friday morning last week. I think I could even stand the ribs again :D

The closest I can compare it to is an expected and extended cat scratch.

Back
Top Bottom