"The Speed Heap" Trying to rap it up...!!

Re: The other project... "The Speed Heap"

Very cool. The F tank is one of the best looking for these builds I think.

I called the paint shop asking for "Booty soup green" Funny, they couldn't find it but told me to bring my girl in so they could try to match it.

I'm looking for a 2-1 exhaust that dumps under the frame for my 200 anyone got any ideas? I'm wondering now if I can take the two stock headers and turn them so they meet under the frame and weld them together? I'm going to have to brave the ice box that is the garage and see if that will work at all.

diesel450 said:
Very cool. The F tank is one of the best looking for these builds I think.

I called the paint shop asking for "Booty soup green" Funny, they couldn't find it but told me to bring my girl in so they could try to match it.

I'm looking for a 2-1 exhaust that dumps under the frame for my 200 anyone got any ideas? I'm wondering now if I can take the two stock headers and turn them so they meet under the frame and weld them together? I'm going to have to brave the ice box that is the garage and see if that will work at all.

I tried that. It didnt work for me. So I went to the salvage yard and bought a couple sets of headers that looked like they had all the bends i needed. And started cutting and tacking. I still dont know if is going to work w/ rearsets yet? might need a little tweeking... haha

That's my philosophy on exhaust too...I just don't have such a rockin' salvage yard nearby. I wish.

Cool build so far dude!

Swapmeet Louie said:
I tried that. It didnt work for me. So I went to the salvage yard and bought a couple sets of headers that looked like they had all the bends i needed. And started cutting and tacking. I still dont know if is going to work w/ rearsets yet? might need a little tweeking... haha
Awesome looking build Louie. i love your philosophy on building. But I'm like Kanticoy and I'm stuck with out a bike salvage yard too :'(.

ohhhh that is sick man. i love it so far its really lookin good!!

Thanks guys for all the compliments...
I had a couple thing show up in the mail yesterday for the motor. So its time to open it up and get to work. Curious to see what the condition is inside.

Well,
The motor was in a little worse condition than I had hoped... The bike ran real strong when I brought it home. No smoke or weird noises. So, I have decided to put it back together and just throw on some of the neat bolt on crap I have. Slight cleaning and toss it back in. I am now on the hunt at Cycle salvage for a core motor. I will run this one until it takes a shit, or the new motor gets finished being built. Which ever comes first....? At least with a motor in it I can finish the rest of the bike. I will take some picks tomorrow and post'em up. Bike looks rad w/ a motor in it.... < as they usually do

Re: The other project... "The Speed Heap" UPDATE....

Put the motor back in last night....

SDC11134.jpg

SDC11132.jpg

SDC11128.jpg

SDC11127.jpg

Thats all folks

This has to be one of the best cl350s I have seen. Its very traditional, most of the parts are era correct, everything is proportionally Zen, and the lines flow so fluidly. :) That list could go on and on with what is right about this bike. I gotta hand it to you, your bike is going to turn some heads. What is going to make it, or break it, is the exhaust.

Shes a beaut man. Very classy. Looking forward to seeing this all wrapped up!

Looking really good!! I love that frame color. I've got a 350F that I want to do with that Ducati green on the frame and a pearl white on the tank etc. very classy.

One thing, are you seriously in Idaho and there's no snow on the ground??!! Or did I miss something?

Thanks fellas for the compliments... I'm pretty stoked w/ the way its coming together.

Nice bike! I really like that seat and the raw metal. Are you going to keep it this way? Or are you planning on getting a paint job?

diesel450 said:
Looking really good!! I love that frame color. I've got a 350F that I want to do with that Ducati green on the frame and a pearl white on the tank etc. very classy.

One thing, are you seriously in Idaho and there's no snow on the ground??!! Or did I miss something?

Thanks...

Ya I'm in Boise. We dont get much snow really. Just colder than shit....

Looks good Louie. I like it. What else do you have left to do on it before you call it done?
Peace Travis

I dunno whats better, your project's name, or your wild avatar.....your a character man, just what these mundane world needs!

and your frame is exactly the same colour as mine...first time I have ever seen a match. Good on ya, 50's pastels FTW 8)

thompsonmx100 said:
Looks good Louie. I like it. What else do you have left to do on it before you call it done?
Peace Travis

Hey Travis,
Not a whole lot... Need to: make tray for electronics, inner rear fender, dash, and wiring harness... Need to get: frt brake cable, clutch cable, chain/rear sprocket. and I'm pretty sure plenty of odds and inns. Getting close though. I have a couple things I need to do to EMB real soon. Our days are going to get very ride-able here and I want it ready. I wanna pull some keaster on it before I deliver it to my brother.

gribbs said:
I dunno whats better, your project's name, or your wild avatar.....your a character man, just what these mundane world needs!

and your frame is exactly the same colour as mine...first time I have ever seen a match. Good on ya, 50's pastels FTW 8)

Haha... Thanks. I try not to take too many things very seriously. If it's not family or work related, it's not all that important. Everything else is perspective... And my perspective is F%@k it...

Re: "The Speed Heap" UPDATE #2....

So today I got back out into the man cave. I was having a hard time getting motivated. Went to see a buddies band last night and am a little hung-over ;D
Anyway, I was starting to straighten up the cave. Picking up parts off the floor, throwing some other parts away that I didnt think I would ever use etc. Well when I picked up a chain guard to throw it in the trash. I decided to see if I could make it work and still look cool. Its always the 1st thing to go in the trash on my builds. So for a change I figured I run one?

Oh and I made a inner fender similar to the one that I had build for my ol 175.
Let me know what ya think about the guard. Im a little undecided. It still need stripped of the old paint etc.
I have no clue why the pics are so blurry?

SDC11150.jpg

SDC11152.jpg

SDC11154.jpg

SDC11155.jpg

SDC11157.jpg

SDC11164.jpg

And a couple picks of the Cave:
SDC11165.jpg

SDC11166.jpg

Thanks for looking

Re: "The Speed Heap" UPDATE #2....

I love the axe on the back wall! "In case of emergency" :D

as far as the chain guard goes, I like the shape and length but the pattern of holes is throwing me. It needs to either match the hole pattern that is on the sprocket cover or be different in another way somehow. I know, could I please be a little more vague? ::)

I have a stock guard off a CB200 if you want it to fuck around with I'll mail it to you.

Back
Top Bottom