>>CB550 bobber/brat>>FINAL STAGES>>

hey,

more, more, more pics.
i think this build i awesome, would love to do this build on my 500, but it is going cafe.
this looks like a real pro build to me, lots of details on it. can't wait to see it all done.
keep us posted, later.

Just had a look at page 1.
Nice work, but..............
You did put a bushing in the lower rear shock mount?
Original had rubber mount to allow shock to rotate slightly as suspension moves.
If you bolt it up tight its going to snap shock or loosen up bolt, even thought the movement is minimal.

PJ

Thanks for your concern but 7000kms and the shocks and bolts are doing fine. Same basic principle as a swing arm where a lubbed metal bolt is surrounded by a metal sleeve. Have you seen a swing arm bolt snap? Ohh, and loctitie is your friend ;)

The bike is ridden pretty much every day and its tough to get the guy off the bike to take pics. The bike will be featured in a Canadian bike magazine early in the new year.

Thanks for the comments and ill be keeping the bike at my shop over the winter so ill get some pics up shortly.

:)

Cheers.

cool i'll have to pick that up,
your in canada?
where abouts?
i am up in between Ottawa and Kingston.
cool to see more guys from canada, building awesome bikes.
later.

supercafe said:
cool i'll have to pick that up,
your in canada?
where abouts?
i am up in between Ottawa and Kingston.
cool to see more guys from canada, building awesome bikes.
later.

So i took some pics today of the bike, beaten and worn by the weather since it sat outside all summer with no cover...rain, sun have dulled the finishes and rusted some bolts but it still looks pretty good.

Picture044.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture048.jpg

hey man,

looks pretty sweet.
it is a real shame to heir how it was treated though.
i wish i was the owner of it.
might build one yet though, this is a big insperation for me, to me the best bike one the forum.
definate feb bike of the month, for me.

Wow, thanks alot supercafe :)

i didnt expect that but it would be nice to have it be bike of the month lol. Ya its a shame it wasnt treated aswell as it should have been but what can you do. I builtit for a friend of mine and the worst part is i didnt charge him for the labour.

I got other bikes to build so can look back lol.

Keep an eye out for the 2009 Thruxton bobber ;)

Thanks again

cheers

lil beast,

how load are the pipes???
they are straight right???
i ask as i might do this in the future.
thanks,
later.

Waaa? I gotta go pick that up. Did DO THE TON rate a mention in the article? ;)

Back
Top Bottom