CB900F wiring diagram with M-Unit and Acewell

Tim of all trades

Most of the colors are bit off because I made this diagram from my bike after I wired it up and I used what ever color wires I had.
I'm also not saying its 100% correct because the battery doesn't seem to be charging when the bike is running but I'm going to go get the battery checked before I look into anything else as its a 6 year old battery that has been sitting in the bike flat.

Attachments

• CB900F M-Unit Acewell.png
    CB900F M-Unit Acewell.png
    254 KB · Views: 6,298
Red wire from the solenoid to the LOCK input is incorrect. The red and red/white wires from the solenoid are always on, so in that configuration your bike will be, too. Run the red wire to the positive bolt on the m-unit, instead.

M-lock should have three wires. Always on wire goes to the positive bolt on the m-unit and needs a 1A fuse. Brown wire to the lock input on the m-unit, and black wire to be grounded.

Also, I can't recall if there is a setup option for this or not, but in default mode I'm 99% sure the m-unit will turn off the low beam when you toggle to high. With your current diagram, this will turn off your tail light as well. You may wish to to tie the tail light into into the AUX output instead. If there is a setup option to keep the low beam on when you toggle the high, you should be good to go.

What a keen eye you have! The M-lock does have 3 wires and a fuse! This is what happens when you wrap all your wires so neatly and try and go off memory. I don't think it matters though of I get my constant power for it from the positive bolt of the M-unit or the solenoid as they both go to the positive side of the battery. Also I think the low beam does turn off when I go to high beam so I would loose tail light, Im going to pick up my new battery today so I can check it. I will also edit that diagram and put it back up.
But first I have to work out how to get my stuck rear master cylinder piston out too... I should make a build post.

Hi All
I have a simular setup to the one in the diagram. I have taken it upon myself to rewire the entire bike. I have the motor turning but with no spark. I'm wondering whether the 2 yellow and 2 reds from the pulse generator are polarized or does it not matter which way they connect to the relevant wire on the spark units?
Thanks in advance,
Phil

Philb1200 said:
Hi All
I have a simular setup to the one in the diagram. I have taken it upon myself to rewire the entire bike. I have the motor turning but with no spark. I'm wondering whether the 2 yellow and 2 reds from the pulse generator are polarized or does it not matter which way they connect to the relevant wire on the spark units?
Thanks in advance,
Phil

Are we still dealing with a CB900? Because the pulse generator shouldn't have red wires.

Back
Top Bottom