Softail bobber

Hey, its 1030 on Friday night, I am 44 years old and I am sittin in my garage drinkin beer, scrapin stickers off my new swingarm. Ya, Im married. ;D

So I got bored with the white header wrap.

I ordered this top secret titanium stuff that is only used on the space shuttle for re-entry and on my bike. It also adds about 250hp!!! 8)

Before

During

After. I like it. It is sort of a browny / beigey / kevelar type color. Doesnt show in the pic that well.

The sun changed a bit. Can see the color a little better. It looks real cool in person, sorta gold.

So I went up to rice-o-rama yesterday. Pretty good day.....but

So I will start with the bad. Pull out of rice, gas up, get 1/4 mile and the clutch cable snaps!!!! Ride the bike all summer, rock solid, no issues......get 2 hours from home and frickkin cable snaps.....no warning...no clicking....just BANG!!!! I get so pissed i power shift it to the highway and ride two hours home all on the highway in fifth gear. Get off the exit two miles from home and use fancy downshiting and finding neutral at the 2 stop signs. Made it home!!! But the day was still ruined because we were supposed to stop to eat and have couple cold ones on the way home. That got shit canned!!!

The other "bad" that I forgot to mention........no beer booth!!!!!! Some guy was selling vintage cans of Harley beer, 1994. I bought one and drank it before I found a guy with a cooler and gave him a donation for a few cans. Does this mean I may have a problem???

My buddies trump.

The monster

Bribed this girl to sit on the bike

Other bikes there.

Isnt this bike from a guy on here???

Anyway, great weather. End of the day got crapped, but oh well.

So I went to do the end of the year oil change on the monster. I cant believe what a pain in the ass it is getting the oil filter off this thing. I changed the oil before, just didnt remember it being that much of a pain. So I was surfin the net and I saw a chopper with a remote oil filter........BADASS!! 8)

I picked one up on fleabay and threw it together. Man does it look industrial, badass, crazy. I love it, and boy will filter changes be easy.

Took about 2 hours to hook up. Fired bike, oil pressure normal, filter hot, oil circulating, all good.

that works perfect! hahah and with the lenght of the lines will prob help out with cooling a bit, i dig it

So that cheap seat I installed when I built this bike has been KILLIN me. I loved the look because it is so small and fits the industrial / minimal style, but I was holding on for dear life every time I hammered the throttle because I was sliding off the back of the bike. My ass was also sore after riding. So I decided to grab one these leather La Rosa leather seats off flea bay. It bolted on nicely and is comfortable as hell. The pan has a nice bend to it and keeps me on the bike. I went with brown, I think it matches the surface rust and looks ok. If I change my mind I can always dye it black. It is a hair larger than the old seat and, like I said, I like the look of the old seat better. But I had to sacrifice a bit of looks for more comfort and performance. (After I wrote that last sentence I started laughing!!! :wink:)

I also have some shorter springs and was going to try and get the seat lower to the frame. Only problem is that the seat wont clear the battery with thos springs. So it stays at this height.

What do ya think??

i like it, you thought about some clothes pin style springs and you can move them in closer to the front of the seat? may help with clearance... if not may be time to glass a pan buddy! I dig the seat though overall... this winter can i expect a black swing arm? i think even doing a satin black like HD uses on the swing arm, fender, trees, and tank would be super clean... would also be super easy to color match in paint for the front fender. man i really love this bike would love to ride it!

I like the new seat better. It adds style. The other one kinda just looked like a sorry slab of poo whereas this one has some nice profiles. Well done!

Thanx. ;D

I am headed out to the garage with some beers. I am gonna get rid of the springs and hard mount the seat. Gonna get it as low to the battery as possible. Pics to follow.

Never got to the seat mounts. Springs for now.

So I was lookin at the oil tank and I am thinkin it should match the gas tank and rear fender. I like the black but when you are bored and sippin some beers....shit happens. So I rip the oil tank out, which is a huge pain in the ass if you ever did one. I took it to the sand blaster and told him I wanted a raw steel look. He said the blast may or may not take off the chrome under the paint. So I took it home and took the angle grinder to it. I know it looks a bit shiney now, but I am pretty sure I got the chrome off. A few days and it should dull out and get a little surface rust. A wipe down with the oil rag and it should match the gas tank and rear fender nicely!!!

Like I said, looks chromey

Will look better when it tarnishes a bit

Got rid of the big ugly stock air cleaner. Searched ebay for a few days and found this stack set up. It was half the price of the others. Cycle Kraft brand, quailty parts. Has a screen and foam filter. Looks of the stack with the protection of a filter. I love it. Test spin tomorrow. 8)

Really opens up the side of the motor and shows that great v-twin.

So I have been wanting to get a stel front fender for some time now. I finally ordered a raw steel from panic cycles. Only problem is fitting it ti gixxer front end. So I had the day off and figured I take a shot at it.

Started with a old piece of sheet metal I had laying around.

Took the hammer, grinder, vise and drill and roughed out some mounts. Trying to get everything level and lookin ok was a nightmare!!!

Mounted it to the frontend. I am pleased with the outcome. Raw and industrial. Just a little tweekin to finish and it will be done. Took all friggin day!!!

Back
Top Bottom