1975 CB360 Freeze-dried Hell Ride

More progress on the seat:

I have a pair of '69 Mercury Cougar turn signal/running lights from a past project, so I figured I could see if they would be able to be altered for this seat.

77150-210914165628.jpeg

First chore is to convert the lens to work as brake light. So I buy a cheap trailer running light from Tractor Supply and cut the face off. The inside of the Mercury lens is stepped and the bulb slightly protrudes into the lens. So I file the red lens down to sit in the second step and carve two grooves for the screw holes.

77150-210914165704.jpeg

Perfect fit...

77150-210914165742.jpeg

Because of the Cougar's curved apron, the turn signal has a offset shape that I have to grind down and planish to better match the angle of my seat. It's slightly off, but good for now until I finish the seat.

77150-210914165813.jpeg

There ya go- Mercury Cougar running light/turn signal converted to Honda euro style tail light.

77150-210914165843.jpeg

... and the seat so far...

77150-210914170013.jpeg

I love it man. Its great what something that was laying around is the perfect piece for your project.

Mostly-finished fabbing the seat. Got it primed and a rattle can coat of paint to get me going, especially with DGR and Barber in the next few weekends. Not the right color, but for now it's coated. I swear I measured 20 fucking times, but the rear tail light is off center, shifted to the left. I'm guessing as I tweaked the seat with the planishing hammers, I must've shifted the orientation of the tail light opening. Oh well... for now... and to figure out the ass pad...

77150-260914222502.jpeg

77150-260914222543.jpeg

77150-260914222635.jpeg

well i think it looks fookin awesome and if anybody notices and says about the light
turn towards ya,grab em by the shoulders,look 'em staright in the eye and say ITS ART,IT AIN'T EVEN
then walk away

Lookin good Deviant.

I have the same problem with things I measure out too many times, give it a week or so and you won't notice it.

Appreciate it fellas. Measuring up and fabbing sheet metal precisely ain't so easy. That's for damn sure.

deviant said:
Appreciate it fellas. Measuring up and fabbing sheet metal precisely ain't so easy. That's for damn sure.

You said it, I find it hard as well. With that said, you seat looks amazing, very nice work.

Dude it looks like you did a super job and got super results. Sorry I wont be able to see her at Barber.

Loving this build!

Why Don't you use your mold and sell the seat pan as a side business? I'm your first customer.

Duchat said:
Loving this build!

Why Don't you use your mold and sell the seat pan as a side business? I'm your first customer.
Ha. Thanks. That is on the docket when I can get together the funds for materials.

deviant said:
Measuring up and fabbing sheet metal precisely ain't so easy. That's for damn sure.

I can appreciate that. I think your seat and tail light look top notch; thanks for the updates.

Get your ass to the beach... We're finally ready.... Maybe after the reunion / barber. I got the stuff and a shop to make a mess... Easier when you really don't worry about spillage and cleaning up.
As for the metal work... You might be tge only one to ever notice unless you pointed it out. Besides, picky people shouldn't own vintage bikes

Ellwood said:
Get your ass to the beach... We're finally ready.... Maybe after the reunion / barber. I got the stuff and a shop to make a mess... Easier when you really don't worry about spillage and cleaning up.
As for the metal work... You might be tge only one to ever notice unless you pointed it out. Besides, picky people shouldn't own vintage bikes
Ha. Ready for the party, Holmes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eye to clevis now eye to eye. Copied the design from my XL175.

Attachments

• honda_101.jpg
    honda_101.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 729
cxman said:
how do they feel are the springs ok??
I'll let you know when I get the other side done today. They spin a little freely in their seat, but they're also at the lowest compression setting.

Back
Top Bottom