Back from paint.

gs400

Big dog
Got the tanks and side panels back.

Green metallic - gold

Used to be bright yellow (pic1). Didn't hate the yellow but it was a rattle can job and needed help. Had it all filled/smoothed and won't be putting any emblems back. Clean tank and side panels.

Had the seat reshaped and redone last season.(pic2)

I'll be reassembling soon.
Need to locate a few things. Petecock - can't find one for this model anywhere. 1982 GS400T. Any ideas - anyone??
IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

Tank.jpg

sidecover.jpg

tankbrightlight.jpg

bluemetaldog said:
sweet colour!!! very nicely done as well!
Thanks guys. I wish I could take credit for the work but I can't. A guy named John Connery did it. He does a lot of high end custom paint on bikes and cars.

http://connerycustompaint.com/home.html

Lino

Mind us asking what sort of price range a 'basic' paint job like the one you got done was? Looks like a single color on a tank & sidecovers, correct?

Tintin said:
Mind us asking what sort of price range a 'basic' paint job like the one you got done was? Looks like a single color on a tank & sidecovers, correct?

It is a single color - metallic.

w/no body work $500 cash...

he charged me an extra $100 to fill holes where tank and side cover emblems were. The tank needed a but of work to smooth out the area where the emblems were.

Not cheap but worth it for me. My paint skills aren't great and I wanted it done right.

Lino

Make sure you get some touch up paint. I was able to get some orange candy touchup from the guy who Reproduction Decals recommends to touch up my Honda Sunrise Orange paint job on my old 550. Scratches are inevitable unfortunately.

Really nice paint - should look great in the sun.

Back
Top Bottom