'74 CB550 No Fuel to The Cylinders

sxecafe

You think the Carpet Pissers did this?
Good News/Bad News

Good: I finally got spark and the engine if spinning on the bike that I have been working on for the last 3 yrs.

Bad: I cant get fuel in to the cylinders.

I have fuel getting in to the float bowls. I checked each bowl by removing the drain plugs.

What could my issues be?

There are 1000 possible issues.
First are your carbs clean? Like spotless. If not start there.

Second check your float height I'm betting this is it. They have to be set within a mm or so of correct to function correctly.

Third and less likely do you have a huge leak in the carb manifolds somewhere? How's your mixture screw adjusted?

So:
Clean carbs, set float height, set mixture screw, no leaks. Should be good to go.

Figured it out. Way worse than I ever expected.

Few weeks shoo was setting cables timing. It was REALLY hard to turn thru long story short, I set the timing on the cam wrong. I fixed it and set the clearance. I find out today,after pulling the head off suspecting that the timing was off 180* and I was firing on the exhaust stroke, that the valves were bent to shit.

Behold:

33829959-CF70-45EB-AE3D-6867E89A0175-2238-000000FE768DF477.jpg

If anyone has an extra set of valves... I'll buy them

Ouch....any damage to pistons and rods, or the crank....that's a lot of force involved...you need to check it all.

Oh damn.
Disregard my previous post then! Haha

No, everything else looks fine. I was cranking it by hand so thankfully it was a "controlled" force.

Aw, shucks... Thanks for noticing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom