Cylinder head over size valves

Racing Ruben

Hey guys,
I just saw this new addition to the OoRacing webshop.

https://www.ooracing.com/store/cylinder-head-ace-125-150cc-over-size-valves-in-31-5mm-ex-26mm.html

Could someone explain what the benefits of the bigger valves are? Is it going to give more power to the engine? Would it have any advantage on the 125cc engine or only with the 150cc. I presume you have to replace the valves too? Does it just bolt on?

I think this is interesting because my license only allows a 125cc engine (so I can't upgrade to the 150 or 250 cc for now) If there is a real power gain this could be just what i need.

Ruben

Ruben,
Get hold of Adrian at oo racing and make sure it will go on 125 motor. Not a hard job to do and any increase in breathing will give better power. Even more so if you can afford to get head gas flowed either at oo or locally. . This head and exhaust mod will give good bang for buck( more power for not big money) see my mod of head mount to make an easier job. Can be done with a file . Do before taking it all apart and clean away metal filings before dismantling motor as metal bits inside motor is catastrophic. Just be carful not to drop pushrods in motor. You can fish them out again but makes it a hard job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply,

The cylinder head is definitely on my wish list now. I'll start to study the posts from you and the other guys.
I'll let you know when it's done.

Ruben

Back
Top Bottom