CB360 Penelope - For Sale - Southern California

The Red Wonder

Been Around the Block
Hey guys, it makes me sad to put this project up for sale, but I am hoping someone can take it the last little bit and get it up and running. Penelope is a 1976 CB360 with a ton of custom modfications. You can read through the build thread here, and find out why I did what I did. <a href="http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=20106.0">CB360 - Penelope</a> or just browse through the pictures over here: <a href="http://s37.photobucket.com/user/quadracer06/library/Cafe%20Racer?sort=3&page=1">MORE PICTURES. </a>

She is currently living in Orange County, California. She has a clean California title, but is not registered.

I unfortunately have lost the time, the motivation, and the tools to finish the work on her. I would love to see someone else buy her, finish her, and let me take her for a ride ;D

Price...this is the tough part....how do you put a price on something that is uniquely your vision and something you have devoted over 2000 hours in to...I have over $6,000 of actual parts in the bike and I know that I cannot ask that for an in progress project....I think $4,750 would be a good asking price for what I have here...but that still may be unrealistic. Let's start at $3,500 and I am open to offers. There are seriously a ton of custom parts that come with this. Please PM me is you are at all interested in seeing Penny and the buckets of parts.

Here is a short list of modifications, much more detail in the build thread:

2006 GSXR Front end swap with an 08 Harley Narrow Glide 19" wheel
- Brand new Avon RoadRider tire
Custom built mono shock swingarm
- Shock is from an R1
- Brand new Avon RoadRider tire
- needle bearing pivots
Completely rebuilt engine with new head
- Black top end and head
- Polished fins
- Polished covers (not shown in these pics)
- GS850 Piston swap. 0.5mm over size GS850 pistons which will result in a 383
- 520 chain size sprockets
Benelli 260 Gas tank
- custom bottom half for more volume and recesses for the forks
- Flush mount gas cap
2x Mikuni VM32 carbs, jetted for the oversize engine
- K&N pod filters
Custom built segemented stainless 2-1 headers
Custom machined rear sets
- not mounted
Dyna Coils
Dewalt batteries for making the custom A123 battery pack
Awesome little old headlight (not sure where it is from)

What is left to do?
Wiring
Install the head and time the engine
Rear sets
Rear Brake
Seat
Chain slider for the swingarm
Seal the gas tank and finish mounting it

Here is a picture of most of the stuff installed but before I lengthened the swingarm

Current state with the lengthened swingarm

Headlight

Custom rear sets

Good looking project, man. But you're going to be hard pressed to get that kind of coin on here for a finished 360, much less an incomplete one.

J-Rod10 said:
Good looking project, man. But you're going to be hard pressed to get that kind of coin on here for a finished 360, much less an incomplete one.
Or even half that much...

BUMP. After thinking I might finish her and pulling the ad down, it is back up. I have other projects coming to fruition and could use the funds for that.

Bump! I've had a few people come take a look, but no-one has taken her home yet. Who wants her?! I can help with delivery if you're semi close

The Red Wonder said:
Not quite ready to part it out yet. I paid $400 for the forks alone...

Should you change that thought... PM me a price for the front end. My UPS account for shipping.

I'm in SoCal and would love to have this project (or pieces of this project) if you decide to part out or fire sell it please put me at the top of your list.. I can come look at it and maybe we might be able to make something work for the both of us.

Back
Top Bottom