79 GS 750

You could still make reversible changes with no cutting. You can change tins, seat, suspension exhaust and many parts and make a cool cafe. When it comes time to sell and move one you could put the original parts back on and save the cafe parts for you next project or sell them. This might be too much of a hassle but t is one way to create a nice custom bike that looks to be a reliable one and not wreck a cherry example of a cool bike.

Brian

Where's the ad? I searched for it a few times ("79 GS 750", "1979 Suzuki 750", "GS750", etc.) and never could find it.

I searched for it last week, not today. What's the URL for the expired listing? It doesn't show up in Google searches, either, which is weird. Just go under My eBay..Selling and the link will be under "Unsold."

Here's what happened. When you list an item for sale, eBay tries to make it easier for you by pre-populating a bunch of the ad info. In your case, it screwed up big time, and categorized the bike under "eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Motorcycle Parts > Wheels, Tires & Tubes > Axles, Bearings & Seals". Which would be easy for you not to notice, and explains why nobody searching on 1970's 750s or Suzuki 750s or 70s-80s motorcycles ever saw your ad, let alone bid. The only people eBay showed it to were looking for wheel bearings, not bikes.

Ebay lets you re-list unsold stuff with a few clicks. If you do just make sure to change the category to "eBay Motors > Motorcycles". Otherwise, I think the ad looks great and I'd leave it as-is. Here's a link in case anyone else is curious: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Suzuki-GS750N-/152485349483

Glad you decided to keep it whole and sell it. I'd like to have it in my garage.

Good luck with sale.

Use the money to buy something in worse shape to customize ;D

I wouldn't hazard a guess, but a lot of bidding seems to take place right at the end of most auctions.

I saw a '79 GS 750 advertised on another board for ~$300 recently. It was in a perfect state for chopping into something more personal- running and complete but clapped out. If you score something like that with your eBay winnings, even if your auction ended today it'd be like you found a free $1000 toward your project. Not bad. Especially since money spent modifying the bike you're selling would probably make it less valuable.

Back
Top Bottom